But the oil corporation said in tweet on its official handle on Monday, that "there is no plan to increase the prices of petroleum products both at the ex-depot level and pump price ahead of the forthcoming yuletide".
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has debunked rumours which alleged it is planning to increase the prices of petroleum products in the country ahead of the Christmas and end of year celebrations.
He also attributed the queues to panic buying, while he added that the NNPC would continue to make efforts toward ensuring unhindered supply of petroleum products across the country.
In addition, Ughamadu, in a statement in Abuja, enjoined motorists and other users of petroleum products to disregard trending rumour of an impending fuel price hike, stating that it has the full commitment of all downstream stakeholders including petroleum marketers and industry unions to cooperate in achieving zero fuel scarcity this season and beyond.
It also enjoined motorists not to engage in panic buying or indulge in the unsafe practice of stocking petroleum products in jerry cans at home.
In Lagos, Kwara, Edo and Ogun States, fuel queues have also resurfaced.
Become Human Is Under Fire For Depictions Of Abuse
Different people will see different things in this game, and I'm totally happy about that. He added it is "legitimate" for games to "explore any topic such as domestic abuse".
The queues, which were first noticed in few stations on Saturday, spread to more outlets yesterday, forcing motorists into panic buying.
This resulted in long queues around petrol stations in the federal capital territory.
A motorist, Sifawa Ahmad said: "We were happy that fuel scarcity during the yuletide had become history, only for the problem to resurface now".
In a lot of stations in Lagos, the number of pump being used to dispensed products have been reduced, with many using maximum of two.
Another motorist, Mary Onya, said the situation was a cause for concern and government must take immediate action.
"Officials of the DPR have embarked on sustained monitoring and surveillance and any marketer found wanting will face necessary sanctions".
- Baker Mayfield misses out on third Burlsworth Trophy
- Jean d'Ormesson s'est éteint à 92 ans
- Florida Man Arrested For Plotting Mass Shooting at Islamic Center
- "My Hero Academia: One's Justice" Game Shares First Set of Screens
- Google staff set to hunt down extremist YouTube content - CEO
- Le tournage interrompu après la disparition de Bryan Singer — Bohemian Rhapsody
- Volkswagen's TCR Golf updated for 2018
- Rudy Gobert set to return to Jazz lineup Monday, with minutes restriction
- Analysts Ratings on: Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc
- Vontaze Burfict Stretchered Off Field After DIRTY Block From JuJu Smith-Schuster