The snowman-centric mini-musical and the Dia de Muertos-inspired feature film were always an odd match.
According to Mashable, Disney has directed theatres that are playing Pixar's Coco to stop showing the short Olaf's Frozen Adventure, a spin-off of the hit 2013 Disney animated film Frozen. Two weeks ago with the release of Pixar's Coco, audiences were "treated" with a different short film experience.
This was a very odd short film to add with Coco as it wasn't even made by Pixar, but by Walt Disney Animation. Despite the seemingly straightforward nature of the short, it actually runs for a total of 22 minutes, which is nearly double the usual duration of Disney and Pixar shorts. During a conversation on Thursday with Yahoo Entertainment, Coco co-director Adrian Molina explained.
Despite the aggravation some experienced when seeing Coco, it's maintained the top grossing movie at the USA box office the past two weeks amid a low studio output during the holiday season. But for Coco, we didn't have anything ready for it. Also, the short itself is hardly getting rave reviews.
So it looks like Pixar had it's hands full with the two feature films this year and they did not develop a short to go along with Coco.
Baker Mayfield misses out on third Burlsworth Trophy
Washington State quarterback Luke Falk was named the victor of the Burlsworth Trophy during a ceremony on Monday. Falk walked onto Washington State, and ended up setting virtually every Pac-12 passing record.
While some sites linked the end of Olaf's run to the backlash, Entertainment Weekly reports that the short was always meant to have a limited run.
The new "Frozen" short film irked some netizens mainly due to its running time and for various other reasons - some disliked the songs while diehard Pixar fans commented that Pixar movies should strictly carry Pixar shorts instead of Disney promos.
As for the length of Olaf's Frozen Adventure, Molina acknowledged, "It is longer than any short that has preceded one of our films before". What did you think of the length of the short film?
Pixar's Coco is in theaters everywhere. Just hit the buttons on the top of this page.
- School for 'submissive women' shut down in China
- Sharna Burgess Defends Nick Carter Amid Rape Accusations
- Comprehensive Stock Analysis Of Petroleo Brasileiro SA - Petrobras (PBR)
- Foreign donations banned amid fears over growing Chinese influence
- Smith (AO) Corporation (AOS) Insider Sells 9723 Shares of Stock
- Volkswagen's TCR Golf updated for 2018
- Singapore-Mumbai flight's landing at wrong airport averted
- Florida Man Arrested For Plotting Mass Shooting at Islamic Center
- Cong manifesto promises quota for Patidars, other castes
- Rudy Gobert set to return to Jazz lineup Monday, with minutes restriction