Washington State quarterback Luke Falk was named the victor of the Burlsworth Trophy during a ceremony on Monday.
The award, which is given in memory of former Arkansas walk-on Brandon Burlsworth, honors college football's most outstanding player who began his career as a walk-on. Falk walked onto Washington State, and ended up setting virtually every Pac-12 passing record.
Falk walked on at Washington State with no Division 1 scholarship offers, rather than accepting a financial aid package to attend Cornell. Falk finished runner up to Mayfield for the Burlsworth award the past two seasons.
Gold trader says he paid bribes to get out of Turkish jail in 2013
Atilla denies the charges, and Halkbank has said all of its transactions complied with national and global regulations. Representatives of the Turkish government could not immediately be reached for comment.
Other finalists for the award were Oklahoma quarterback and Heisman frontrunner Baker Mayfield, Memphis wide receiver Anthony Miller and Wisconsin tight end Troy Fumagalli.
Falk will wear a WSU uniform for the last time when the Cougs take the field against Michigan State University in the Holiday Bowl at 6 p.m. on December 28 at the San Diego County Credit Union Stadium. Burlsworth eventually became an All-American lineman and was killed in a vehicle accident just 11 days after being taken by the Colts in the 1999 NFL Draft.
- WWE 2K18 Release Date & Preorder Details Confirmed For Nintendo Switch
- MI congressman John Conyers accused of sexually harassing staffer and her cousin
- Del Bosque culpabilise pour El Haddadi — Maroc-Espagne
- Smith (AO) Corporation (AOS) Insider Sells 9723 Shares of Stock
- Foreign donations banned amid fears over growing Chinese influence
- Rudy Gobert set to return to Jazz lineup Monday, with minutes restriction
- General Mtrs Co (GM) Holder Greenlight Capital INC Has Upped Stake
- Florida Man Arrested For Plotting Mass Shooting at Islamic Center
- Wike Releases 16 SUVs To Rivers' National Assembly Members
- Sharna Burgess Defends Nick Carter Amid Rape Accusations