The system has Environment Canada issuing a Winter Storm Watch for several parts of the region.
The storm system moves out of the Rockies into the Plains Monday morning with snow, wind and rain.
Monday's high temperature for the day is expected to be in the mid-30s early with temperatures dropping throughout the remainder of the day.
Snowfall of 6 to 8 inches - with locally higher amounts - is possible from just north of the Iron Range north toward the Canadian border. The watch area covers southeast North Dakota, and portions of central, north-central, northwest and west central Minnesota. Snowfall of 1 to 3 inches expected, along with areas of blowing snow.
Broadcom looks to replace Qualcomm's entire board after Qualcomm 'ignored' buyout talks
Qualcomm's shareholders have indicated to Broadcom they expect at least $80 per share in order for Qualcomm to be sold. Qualcomm shareholders will be able to vote on Broadcom's board director slate at an annual meeting on March 6.
A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect from 6 p-m Monday until noon Tuesday in the Twin Ports area and northwestern Wisconsin. The winds also will bring a drop in temperatures that may lead roads to become ice-covered as the snow starts to fall. Blowing snow will develop late Monday.
But the worst weather in the metro area is expected to hit in the afternoon as colder air moves in, bringing with it wind gusts of up 55 miles per hour and 3 to 6 inches of snow.
The snow is expected to become lighter Tuesday morning however blowing snow may continue most of Tuesday.
- Elton John's mother Sheila Farebrother dies at 90
- La poupée Cayla et le robot I-QUE épinglés par la CNIL
- Londres et Bruxelles ont trouvé un accord sur la frontière irlandaise — Brexit
- Micromax Canvas Infinity Pro With Bezel-Less Display Launched In India
- Netflix commande deux saisons pour la série The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
- PSA s'associe au japonais Nidec Leroy-Somer dans les moteurs électriques
- Ford sues John Cena for flipping his 2017 Ford GT
- Sensex Zooms 116 Points to 32949, Nifty at 10158
- Crown Resorts: class action alleges risks in China not adequately disclosed
- State Senate To Meet Monday Afternoon To Discuss Hefner Allegations