"Recently, when. the Central Intelligence Agency chief through one of his contacts in the region sent a letter to General Soleimani, he responded by saying, "I did not either receive or read the letter. I sent it because he had indicated that forces under his control might in fact threaten U.S. interests in Iraq", Pompeo claimed at a defense forum at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute in Simi Valley, California". "But together in some kind of coalition of countries - of Arab countries working with the USA, working with Israel, working with Turkey, to build a strong coalition that can operate - frankly I think with a joint military headquarters that [we] can... target the terrorists in that region, that [we] can basically work together to try to provide stability where is necessary in these countries", Panetta said.
In a recent congratulatory message to Leader of the Islamic Revolution Imam Khamenei, General Soleimani hailed the "great victory" over ISIS Takfiri terrorists.
Golpaygani meanwhile, stressed that Suleimani refused even to receive the letter.
The official did not say when the letter was received, only that it was "recently".
Pompeo, a staunch opponent of the Iran nuclear deal, also said Tehran now is in compliance with the pact that provided Iran relief from sanctions in exchange for reining in its nuclear program.
Florida State, New Mexico State last to become bowl eligible
It's unclear who will be playing against the Aggies, but the bowl is scheduled for December 29. Utah State finished the regular season 6-6 after losing to Air Force 38-35.
USA forces are supporting the Iraqi government in its fight against Islamic State (IS) and other militant groups.
"Iranian militias that are in Iraq, now that the fight against [Islamic State] is coming to a close, those militias need to go home", Tillerson said.
According to reports in The New York Times and CNN last week, Trump is considering sacking Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and replacing him with Pompeo in the next two months.
Trump's Twitter account has been the subject of controversy, especially since he entered the White House.
- Kentucky and Northwestern set to face off in Music City Bowl
- A Patient's 'Do Not Resuscitate' Tattoo Had Doctor's Debating Saving His Life
- Volkswagen (VOW3) Given a €227.00 Price Target at Credit Suisse Group
- Bielema Buyout to Run $11.8 Million
- Chartwell Investment Partners LLC Trims Position in Rio Tinto PLC (RIO)
- MI football to play SC in Outback Bowl
- No. 20 Arizona State aims for rare 7-0 start
- Leh coldest place in Valley
- Man wanted in Tennessee slaying arrested in Arkansas
- Former Bear Robbie Gould gets emotional after game-winning kick