Altered Carbon imagines a world in which humans have achieved a form of immortality - for a price.
Set in the dystopian world, where human personalities can be stored digitally and downloaded into new bodies, the series tracks the hardboiled adventures of Takeshi Kovacs, a former United Nations elite soldier.
The minds behind Altered Carbon have really taken reduce, reuse, recycle to heart. Like Blade Runner, Altered Carbon is presented as a neo-noir in which a tired soul faces a life-altering new mission.
The premise of transferring consciousness into android bodies is not wholly unfamiliar. The show has been one of Netflix's most anticipated shows of the past year, and now details are finally starting to reveal themselves.
Additional stars include Dichen Lachman and Leonardo Nam of Dollhouse and Westworld fame, respectively - two other actors who know a thing or two about science fiction shows where actors can assume multiple roles, in other words. The cast for Altered Carbon is rounded out by James Purefoy, Renée Elise Goldsberry, and Leonardo Nam. But this could be the start of something big - Takeshi Kovacs is the protagonist of several of Morgan's sci-fi books and has accumulated quite a following among sci-fi book readers.
Huawei Nova 2S images and pricing leaked ahead of launch
The rear cameras are said to be the same 20MP+16MP configuration as the V10, while the front facing cameras are two 20MP sensors. The device leaks in Black, Blue, and Silver colors in the pictures but there will be Red and Pink colors as well.
First ordered to series in January 2016, Netflix's new series (premiering in February) is based on the 2002 Richard K. Morgan novel of the same name, packed with a premise modern audiences might see as Westworld meets Blade Runner.
Consciousness can be digitized, human bodies are interchangeable and death is no longer permanent...
Again. Enter Suicide Squad's Joel Kinnaman, who if you didn't recently see kicking ass on House of Cards, and the Underwoods all over the place, well, just go kick yourself. In exchange, Kovacs has to solve a murder ... that of Bancroft himself.
The series hails from writer-producer Laeta Kalogridis (Alita: Battle Angel, Shutter Island) and Emmy-winning director Miguel Sapochnik (the "Battle of the Bastards" episode of Game of Thrones), and is produced by Skydance Television for Netflix.
- Countries using the euro elect Portugal's Mario Centeno as new leader
- Nouvelle monnaie au Venezuela : quand Maduro créé le Petro
- Crise en Guinée Bissau : le président de la CEDEAO, Faure Gnassingbé préoccupé
- Tube passenger 'put in headlock and forced to apologise for being gay'
- 'Danger to the Community': Meek Mill Denied Bail Request
- First progression and economy changes hit Star Wars Battlefront 2; Details
- Cboe Says It Will Start Bitcoin Futures Trading on December 10
- Pogba starts vs. CSKA; De Gea, Ibra rested
- Musk Parks His Tesla In Orbit
- Monster Hunter Stories sees a surprise mobile release in Japan