LVFR says that the two children, described as toddlers, who were in a fire this morning were taken to University Medical Center to be checked for smoke inhalation.
Angulo saw a little girl standing near the door of the smoke-filled apartment.
Crews responded to 2612 E. Mesquite Ave., near Eastern Avenue and Bonanza Boulevard, just after 11:30 a.m. with reports of the fire with two small children trapped inside. They had it under control in less than 10 minutes. The children's grandfather, who was watching them, was in a back bedroom but wasn't able to get to the children through the blaze, firefighters later told KSNV. That's when he heard the children crying, so he jumped a locked gate and found smoke coming through the security door. The girl ran to Angulo.
Both children suffered minor smoke inhalation, but nothing serious. Angulo pulled the steel door and bent it upward. He noticed the infant on the floor and pulled the child out.
Saints put tight end Coby Fleener on injured reserve
The two have combined for 14 receptions and a touchdown each through the first 11 games of the year. With all the precautions in place, there's no reason this should be a thing any longer.
Aside from being treated for smoke inhalation, there were no other injuries from anyone inside the apartment, the fire department tweeted.
The fire destroyed the kitchen and living room and there were severe heat and smoke damage to the rest of the apartment. "One of the kids at the hospital told fire investigators the pan started on fire and got big really fast with lots of smoke and it made her scared", officials wrote in a news release. "His action certainly saved the children's life".
Damage was estimated at $50,000 and the Southern Nevada chapter of the American Red Cross was assisting the family.
- Results of the 2018 Fifa World Cup draw
- Microsoft Edge browser now available for Android and iOS
- Cooper Cronk announces retirement from representative rugby league
- Icahn Buys 1257242 Shares of SandRidge Energy, Inc
- Départ en force pour Opération Nez rouge
- Catherine Tyldesley reveals why she's quitting Coronation Street
- AAC Championship Predictions: Will Memphis cover vs. UCF? 12/2/17
- 3.800 migrants à rapatrier d'urgence de Libye (Commission UA) — Sommet UA-UE
- Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti re-elected as PDP president
- Sommet UA - UE à Abidjan : Renouveau du partenariat