Jeudi, 21 Novembre 2019
Dernières nouvelles
Principale » 'True hero': Homeless man rescues children from apartment fire

'True hero': Homeless man rescues children from apartment fire

03 Décembre 2017

LVFR says that the two children, described as toddlers, who were in a fire this morning were taken to University Medical Center to be checked for smoke inhalation.

Angulo saw a little girl standing near the door of the smoke-filled apartment.

Crews responded to 2612 E. Mesquite Ave., near Eastern Avenue and Bonanza Boulevard, just after 11:30 a.m. with reports of the fire with two small children trapped inside. They had it under control in less than 10 minutes. The children's grandfather, who was watching them, was in a back bedroom but wasn't able to get to the children through the blaze, firefighters later told KSNV. That's when he heard the children crying, so he jumped a locked gate and found smoke coming through the security door. The girl ran to Angulo.

Both children suffered minor smoke inhalation, but nothing serious. Angulo pulled the steel door and bent it upward. He noticed the infant on the floor and pulled the child out.

Seoul: Naval blockade against North Korea not discussed
Moon told Trump evidence is lacking North Korea has achieved atmospheric re-entry or warhead miniaturization, a spokesman said. The newspaper used four front pages to hype up the communist nation's first ballistic missile firing in 2 1/2 months.

Aside from being treated for smoke inhalation, there were no other injuries from anyone inside the apartment, the fire department tweeted.

The fire destroyed the kitchen and living room and there were severe heat and smoke damage to the rest of the apartment. "One of the kids at the hospital told fire investigators the pan started on fire and got big really fast with lots of smoke and it made her scared", officials wrote in a news release. "His action certainly saved the children's life".

Damage was estimated at $50,000 and the Southern Nevada chapter of the American Red Cross was assisting the family.

'True hero': Homeless man rescues children from apartment fire