A nine-year-old girl has died after being hit by a transit bus in the Fraser Valley this morning.
The child was struck at a crosswalk at the intersection of South Fraser Way and Hill-Tout Street around 8:20 a.m.
The girl died in hospital shortly after arrival.
Abbotsford police say when emergency crews arrived, they located a seriously injured nine-year-old girl, who was transported to hospital with critical injuries.
Abbotsford Police Department Major Crime Unit detectives, collision reconstructionists, patrol division officers and B.C. Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement investigators are all now investigating.
U2: 5 choses à savoir sur l'album "Songs Of Experience "
U2 défendra ses nouvelles compositions lors d'une tournée mondiale! Bono y aborde l'élection de Trump et la crise des migrants.
Sgt. Judy Bird of Abbotsford police says it's too early to say how fast the bus was travelling.
"Our hearts and thoughts are with her family and friends", BC Transit spokesperson Jonathon Dyck said in a release. "Our thoughts are also with the driver and other witnesses... including passengers on the bus".
The incident remains under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Abbotsford Police Department at 604-859- 5225, to text APD at 222973 (abbypd) or to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT), Caesars Entertainment Corporation (CZR) — Yesterday Stock's Trend
- There's a Street Named After Rihanna in Her Home Country Barbados
- Pope Uses Word 'Rohingya' in Public for First Time on Asia Trip
- Trump enciende las redes tras compartir tres videos islamófobos (+ Videos)
- Crise au Togo: Buhari et Ouattara très inquiets !
- Major League Baseball free agents 2017-18: White Sox sign C Welington Castillo
- Third Virginia House Democratic Candidate (Joshua Cole) Files for Recount
- Tihar staff reportedly suspended for assault
- Oil production: OPEC may impose 'soft target' on Nigeria, Libya - Kachikwu
- Goldman Sachs Group Analysts Give Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO) a $45.00 Price Target