The Clippers saw their three-game winning come to an end Thursday with a 126-107 loss to the Utah Jazz at the Staples Center.
Not only did he drop 41 points, he did it efficiently, going 13-of-25 from the field and 6-of-12 from 3. Rivers appeared to say to a fan, "Shut the f- up" before he was subbed out of the game.
"He was being a fairweather ass fan", said Rivers.
After the game, Rivers explained to reporters why he responded to the fan in the way that he did while adding a few more colorful words to describe situation. And then the second half he was talking about Steve Ballmer and Doc [Rivers] and [DeAndre Jordan] and saying demeaning stuff to my other teammates.
This game could have been a good starting point for the Clippers, who are still missing 4 of their 5 opening night starters.
Anthony Davis exits game versus Jazz after groin injury
Trainers came over to look at Davis immediately, and the amount of pain he was in was readily apparent. He suffered the injury in the fourth quarter of the Pelicans' game against the Utah Jazz .
During Rivers' post-game interview, he also praised Utah Jazz rookie Donovan Mitchell who he described as "the best rookie in the National Basketball Association".
"He was talking s- about the team, not even me". According to him, the guy was actually a Clippers fan who was cheering for Rivers and his teammates in the first half.
While Rivers didn't appreciate the approach the fan took to the game, he was also quick to point out that he went out of his way when it was over to make peace with the fan.
"I went up after the game and apologized to the guy cuz at the end of the day, I'm the professional, he's not", Rivers said.
- Haro sur l'injection de code par des logiciels tiers — Google Chrome
- Robert Woods (shoulder) targeting Week 15 return for Rams
- Treasury's tax analysis still missing ahead of key Senate vote
- Revenue Approximations Analysis: Comcast Corporation (CMCSA), Apple Inc. (AAPL)
- FCA Sales Dipped 4 Percent Last Month
- Patriots' Tom Brady on Giants' Eli Manning: 'Fairytale' ending doesn't always happen
- Dons boss insists Rangers speculation not impacting on his club
- Mott waives right to extradition hearing
- Could Murphy Oil Corporation (MUR) Decline After Today's Big Increase?
- Philadelphia Phillies to hire Rob Thomson as bench coach