The Los Angeles Police Department is now coordinating with sheriff's detectives to determine if its the same suspect they've been looking for.
The video was released by the Los Angeles Police Department on Wednesday and shows an apparent assault on October 20 that left the victim with serious injuries, though it is unclear why the violent encounter even occurred. The LAPD did not comment on whether the suspect, who is now behind bars, committed both the assaults.
The two men appear to go their separate ways, but something suddenly causes the younger individual to snap and he turns back.
"The suspect approached the elderly victim from behind and struck him in the face with [the] backpack without any provocation", police said.
Sunil Ambris suffers nightmare debut for West Indies during New Zealand Test
A lead of 100-150 sounds a lot but I believe in our players and if they put their minds to it that's a pretty good batting wicket. It doesn't matter who you support, you've got to feel for this guy.
The man fell to the ground and sustained serious injuries in the attack.
According to local reports, the victim believes the backpack he was hit with was full of rocks. When another man with white hair strolls by, coming from the opposite direction, he swings it up like a baseball bat but then holds it still, as if to mimic an attempt to hit the other man that stops short of actually doing so.
While the man did not use a backpack during the other assault, police said he allegedly assaulted his victim with a hard object of some kind.
- My Hero Academia: One's Justice Revealed For PS4 And Nintendo Switch
- Salvation Army's Christmas kettle campaign launched in Grand Bank
- GM Planning Autonomous Ride-Sharing Platform For 2019
- Après Paris, Laurent Blanc rêve d'encore plus grand — PSG
- Casino operators Penn National, Pinnacle in merger talks
- Okinawa rape and murder: United States military base worker Shinzato jailed in Japan
- Selena Gomez se confie sur ses retrouvailles avec Justin Bieber (Vidéo)
- Heat's Hassan Whiteside sidelined with knee injury
- Google sued over illegally tapping user data from iPhones
- Featured Stock to Focus: JetBlue Airways Corporation (NASDAQ:JBLU)