The doctor testified during a three-hour hearing to determine whether her adoptive parents, Wesley and Sini Mathews, can reunite with their surviving child on Wednesday. Her body was later found in a culvert near her home.
The adopted girl was missing from 7th October.
Assistant District Attorney Denise Hale asked both Ms. Sini Mathews and then Mr. Wesley Mathews a series of questions about Sherin, her health throughout this year and the circumstances surrounding her death.
The prosecution called to the stand a paediatrician and child abuse expert, Susan Dakil of Referral and Evaluation of At Risk Children Clinic, who testified that the injuries were visible in various X-ray scans taken in September 2016 and February 2017.
The couple had lost custody of their 3-year-old biological child after Sherin went missing. Ms. Dakil said the scans suggest the injuries were inflicted after Sherin was adopted from India.
According to the WFAA reports, the X-rays showed that the fractures in Sherin's limbs were in different stages if healing. The doctor also said she didn't believe Sini Mathews' assertion that Sherin broke her elbow when her older sister pushed her off the couch.
Geraldo Responds To Lauer
He said he and Midler had an affair in his autobiography titled "Exposing Myself" (1991). Middler added , "I did not offer myself up on the altar of Geraldo Rivera".
Dakil said she had suspected child abuse and informed the Child Protective Service about her concerns.
At 4 p.m., the hearing concluded for the day with two witnesses still to testify.
"I plead my 5th", she said when asked about why her Sherin, punished by Wesley Mathews for not drinking her milk the night of her death, seemed able to eat and drink fine when at her grandmother's house or a restaurant.
But after the girl's body was discovered, the father admitted that the child choked while he was making her drink milk and died in their home.
Sini Ann Mathews, 35, yesterday managed to get her bail bond slashed to Dollars 100,000 from USD 250,000 but would remain under house arrest and wear an ankle monitor.
- Father of Android on leave after "inappropriate relationship"
- Gare aux effets indésirables de la spiruline
- CNN fires staffer after complaints about behavior
- 14 décès de patients étudiés — Levothyrox
- FDA approves first EKG reader for Apple Watch
- Grieving father detonates grenades at son's killer's murder trial, injures 7
- Daisy Ridley ne veut pas jouer dans la prochaine trilogie — Star Wars
- 2017 hurricane season officially ends Thursday
- NYT Reports More White House Shakeups Ahead
- Baldness, premature greying may up heart disease risk in men