The Trump administration has begun notifying USA embassies overseas about the plan so envoys can inform their host governments and prepare for possible protests.
Citing American officials, the newspaper reported that the plan was not final, but that if legal and policy considerations were resolved, a formal announcement could be made next week.
A White House spokesman said that "the president has always said it is a matter of when, not if", and that "the president is still considering options and we have nothing to announce".
The issue is deeply controversial.Shifting the building could be seen as a de facto recognition of Israel's claim over the whole city, including predominantly Palestinian east Jerusalem.Foreign countries, including the United States, now have their embassies in the Israeli commercial capital Tel Aviv since they do not recognise Israel's unilateral claim of control over all of Jerusalem.
Madras High Court allows import of sand from Malaysia
The Hindu reported that the lorries hired for transporting the sand had been seized by police at the Thoothukudi Port. Mahadevan noted that the cost of imported sand was only 1/3rd of the cost of sand mined locally.
The White House labeled as "premature" a report in the Israeli media that President Donald Trump was set to move the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
But they say he'll likely temper the blow to his supporters by declaring the holy city as the "undivided" capital of Israel, and plans to move the U.S. Embassy there in the future.
US Ambassador to Israel, David Friedman said earlier this month that it his belief that President Trump would in fact move the embassy, calling tit a matter of "when, not if". A number of other presidents similarly campaigned on a promise to move the embassy but reneged in office.
- Canadiens acquire Adam Cracknell from the Rangers
- Adobe Systems Incorporated (NASDAQ:ADBE) Stake Increased by Rhumbline Advisers
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- 'Gomer Pyle' Star Jim Nabors Dies At 87
- President Trump reportedly described a young socialite as 'first-rate p---y'
- Forcillo will report to prison on Monday after judge revokes bail
- Morrisons chicken pie may contain fish
- David Higgins: 'Camp Nou could stage Anthony Joshua, Joseph Parker showdown'
- Playwright Israel Horovitz Accused of Sexual Misconduct by Multiple Women
- Une promesse de rupture avec la Françafrique — Discours de Macron