The Devils would receive the Ducks' third-round pick in 2019 if Anaheim signs Henrique to a new contract for the 2019-2020 season before using their own third-round pick acquired from New Jersey for this year's draft.
Henrique is in the fifth season of a six-year deal which carries a cap hit of $4 million per campaign. They are now without three of their top four scorers from last season (Ryan Getzlaf, Ryan Kesler and Rickard Rakell) while forward Patrick Eaves has not played this season after being diagnosed with Guillain-Barre syndrome.
The conditional pick is exchanged in 2019 if the Ducks sign Henrique prior to making their third-round pick at that draft and in 2010 if they sign him afterward.
Clearly on a much quicker path to respectability than anyone anticipated, the Devils now have the look of a team that can end a long playoff drought after acquiring veteran defenseman Sami Vatanen from the Anaheim Ducks on Thursday. He's had 50 points in a season twice, in 2011-12, when he had 16 goals and 35 assists and was among three finalists for the Calder Trophy, and 2015-16, when he had a career-high 30 goals and 20 assists.
Mark Hamill on Carrie Fisher: 'We were more like real siblings'
There was now a comfort level that she had with me, that I wasn't out to get anything or trying to hustle her in any way. The highlight of the clip is when Hamill hands the boy a pass to The Last Jedi world premiere next week.
While he doesn't boast big offensive numbers, Vatanen gives the Devils a top-pairing, shut-down defenseman that they haven't had sicne they sent Adam Larsson to the Edmonton Oilers in a trade for Taylor Hall.
The New Jersey Devils are going for it. That is the case in this situation with Adam and Joe.
Henrique delivered one of the Devils' most iconic moments when he scored the game-winning overtime goal in Game 6 of the 2012 Eastern Conference finals, defeating the Rangers and sending the Devils to the Stanley Cup Finals. Adam has been a key member of our organization for almost ten years since he was drafted. In 15 contests this season, he has found the back of the net once while dishing out three assists. "For Joe, this is a great opportunity with a quality organization like Anaheim and I am happy for him".
Vatanen has recorded 33 goals and 93 assists in 280 career games since being selected by the Ducks in the fourth round of the 2009 draft. The 26-year-old native of Finland made his season debut on October 28 after undergoing offseason shoulder surgery. Notably, Vatanen had six points in 12 playoff games past year.
- Over 2 lakh passengers travel by Hyderabad Metro on opening day
- Father of Android on leave after "inappropriate relationship"
- Sadiq Khan ditches planning rules to allow for more high-density housing
- When NYT Opinion Twitter handle lobbied against Donald Trump's tax policy
- Johnny Hallyday "est chez lui et se repose", explique son manager
- Le Canadien va piger dans la cour des Rangers
- Prince William hand delivers Prince George's letter to Santa while in Finland
- L'ex-Premier ministre candidat à la présidentielle de 2018 — Égypte
- Giants interested in Andrew McCutchen if team can not acquire Giancarlo Stanton
- Australia's Aristocrat Leisure nets gaming company Big Fish for $990 mln