"If he wins, we get the baggage of him winning and it becomes a story every day about whether or not you believe the women or Roy Moore, should he stay in the Senate, should he be expelled". If you're President Donald Trump, the answer seems to be without actually naming him and making clear the alternative would be far, far worse.
Thune said, however, if Moore wins his race "there's going to immediately be an ethics investigation which is going to be a cloud that he'll be operating in".
In previous statements, the White House has said that the president expected Moore to step aside of the allegations were true and that Alabama voters should decide who should win the election for themselves.
In an early-morning tweet, Trump added that for Alabamians to elect Moore's Democratic rival, Doug Jones, in a special election next month "would be a disaster!" Another woman has accused Moore of sexually assaulting her when she was 16.
Although Trump hasn't flat out endorsed Moore, this is not the first time he has effectively done so by harshly criticizing his opponent.
Joe and Mika Caught Airing Pre-Taped Post-Thanksgiving 'Morning Joe' Show
He said he was surprised to see Scarborough and Brzezinski appearing in a NY studio on the Friday after Thanksgiving. "Maybe. Scarborough and Brzezinski have yet to respond to the controversy.
Some Republicans have suggested that if elected to the US Senate, Moore should be removed.
Moore has repeatedly denied the allegations, which Trump has emphasized when asked about the former Alabama chief justice's candidacy. It's awful on crime.
Ivanka Trump also said she had "no reason to doubt the victims' accounts", a different position than the one taken by President Trump.
So, is it simpler to believe that Moore's accusers are paid political puppets, mere pawns in a complex political conspiracy, or that, as a grown man, Roy Moore once molested a child and often preyed on teenage girls?
"It's going to be a distraction for us and for our agenda", he said.
- Switzerland's Feuz wins World Cup downhill in Lake Louise
- Le PJD devra trancher sur un 3eme mandat pour Benkirane — Maroc
- Protecting citizens' fundamental rights sacrosanct duty of Judiciary: CJI
- Raytheon Co (NYSE:RTN) Institutional Investors Sentiment Up in 2017 Q2
- Three Nigerian soldiers killed as Boko Haram attacks army base, Borno village
- 4 killed in USA multi-vehicle crash
- Driver tries to cut into Trump's motorcade
- Iraq plans new oil pipeline to Turkey
- Ritu Phogat bags silver medal in U-23 Senior World Wrestling Championship
- Arizona State fires Todd Graham as head coach after six seasons