Antigha said that the soldiers lost their lives while fighting to repel the insurgents who tried to infiltrate the area on Saturday.
Magumeri is about 45 kilometer drive and north of Maiduguri, the state capital which had witnessed series of boko haram attacks including the abduction of NNPC staff and Lecturers at the Geology Department, University of Maiduguri during an ambush in a failed Oil exploration mission in the area couple of months ago.
"As a prelude to the intended attack on the town, the terrorists attempted to dislodge the Forward Operational Base in Magumeri, Borno state". The troops fought gallantly. The wounded are receiving medical attention.
He disclosed that six other soldiers sustained injuries in the attack while some platforms were also attacked and damaged by the terrorists.
"The 8 Division wishes to assure all residents of Magumeri that everything is being done to ensure their safety and security".
Shop local for the holidays on Small Business Saturday
Sandwiched between Black Friday and Cyber Monday is another unofficial holiday called Small Business Saturday . Make Small Business Saturday a destination today and a habit 365 days a year.
Residents of Magumeri town in Northeast Nigeria say they fled to a nearby forest as the militants came in firing randomly and lobbing explosive devices..
Kaka Audu, a member of the Civilian-JTF, in the area, said that the insurgents attacked the town from the military check point and Bengel area of the town.
The local militia official added that most of the residents, who had earlier run to the bush, returned to their homes later.
Boko Haram has waged an insurgency in northeastern Nigeria since 2009 in its attempt to create an Islamic state in the region.
- Impeach rap vs Sereno should've been junked: law expert
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Enjoy Fun Oklahoma Thanksgiving
- Le XV de France proche de la désillusion face au Japon — Rugby
- Le PJD devra trancher sur un 3eme mandat pour Benkirane — Maroc
- Sheriff Abas, nephew of MILF's Iqbal, is new Comelec chief
- Pelosi: 'John Conyers is an icon in our country'
- Al Sharpton to visit Meek Mill in state prison in Chester, PA
- 4 killed in USA multi-vehicle crash
- Protecting citizens' fundamental rights sacrosanct duty of Judiciary: CJI
- Whiting Petroleum Corp's (NYSE:WLL) Sentiment is 1.51