The head coach position at Tennessee has been open since athletic director John Currie fired Butch Jones on November 12.
Earlier in the day, it was reported that Schiano had become a focus of the Volunteers' head coaching search.
According to USA TODAY reporter Dan Wolken, though, it might not be a hire that excites Vol Nation, as Wolken says the Vols are looking to Ohio State. Now he'll try his hand against a new Volunteers head man.
Schiano first rose to national prominence as coach of the Rutgers Scarlet Knights in the 2000s.
Florida targeting Dan Mullen to fill head coaching vacancy
From their time at Mississippi State, Stricklin knew what he would be getting should he choose to offer the position to Mullen. Football Scoop is additionally reporting that Frost is now leaning toward returning to his alma mater at Nebraska.
He went 11-21 in two seasons with the Buccaneers, then spent time working as an analyst for ESPN before returning to coaching.
The Wyckoff, N.J., native was the face of Rutgers from 2001-11, when he took one of the country's worst program to some of its best seasons in history, including six bowl games in his final seven years in Piscataway. He was sacked, along with general manager Mark Dominic, on December 30 2013.
Schiano is in his second season at Ohio State, his stock again on the rise after bombing out in the National Football League ranks.
Schiano's track record of college success needs no defense. Highly unlikely. The hire probably means the Vols missed out on some of their leading candidates.
- Bitcoin Breaks Record of $ 9000
- Facebook Messenger is Experimenting a Feature Similar to Snap-Chat Streak
- Coupe Davis - Finale France-Belgique : les 3 options de Noah
- George HW Bush becomes the longest-living president
- Mikael Lustig Starts - Celtic Team vs Motherwell Confirmed
- Pembina Pipeline Corp. (PBA) Getting Somewhat Favorable Media Coverage, Report Finds
- Var : le 4x4 "emprunté" aux parents fait des tonneaux, un ado décède
- Siemens AG (SIE) Rating Reiterated by DZ Bank AG
- Driver tries to cut into Trump's motorcade
- Florent Pagny, les critiques sur son exil fiscal : Sa réponse cash !