Japanese star Shohei Ohtani's agent Nez Balelo of CAA Baseball asked all MLB teams interested Ohtani to write explanations in both English and Japanese on how he'll be used and how he fits their club, the Associated Press reported.
And on Friday, a memo was sent to all 30 Major League Baseball teams asking them to answer a slew of different questions - all the while not making any mention of finances. If the deal is approved, the 23-year-old is expected to be put up for bid later that day or the following day.
Balelo asked teams to respond as soon as possible. And beginning December 1, teams will be able to pay the $20 million posting fee to try to sign the player. The money is paid only if a contract is agreed to. Interested teams will have to put up a $20 million fee that will go to the Fighters, then must pay a signing bonus to Ohtani from their worldwide bonus pools.
PEMRA orders restoration of news channels
The social media platforms are not completely unblocked in all areas and it is likely that the service will soon be restored in full with the passage of time.
The Rangers have $3.535 million remaining to offer, the most of any team. Those two teams along with the Mariners and Dodgers are seen as the favorites.
Ohtani was the 2016 Pacific League MVP and was 3-2 with a 3.20 ERA this year, limited because of a thigh injury and a hurt ankle that required surgery October 12. In 2017, he hit.332 over 65 games.
He has a 42-15 record with a 2.52 ERA and 624 strikeouts in 543 innings over five seasons, and a.286 batting average with 48 homers and 166 RBI.
- La start-list des relais mixtes d'Östersund — Biathlon
- Ashes 2017: Jonny Bairstow being investigated for alleged headbutt on Cameron Bancroft
- Air Lease Corporation (AL) Expected to Post Earnings of $0.88 Per Share
- Bulldogs beat Broncos, await Mountain West Championship location
- Iran Claims US Responsible For 'Atrocities' Via Support for Saudi Arabia
- Mertens justifie son refus du Barça — Naples
- PDP Raises Alarm Over Alleged Planned Parallel Convention By Some Members
- Rabiot veut vite voir arriver "un n°6 de métier" — PSG
- Syracuse gets run over in season finale by Boston College 42-14
- Conflicting Reports On If There Will Be A Women's Royal Rumble