The Commission of the Elections (COMELEC) on Friday welcomed the appointment of Commissioner Sheriff Abas as its new chairman.
Abas replaces Former Comelec Chairperson Andres Bautista who resigned.
"His warmth, his kind demeanor, his years in the Comelec as one of the commissioners, his being a brother Muslim will give the Commission a kind of sensitivity and energy needed for the introduction of electoral reforms for the marginalized and vulnerables", PPCRV chairperson Rene Sarmiento said. The same appointment papers showed that his term would expire on February 2, 2022.
Shop local for the holidays on Small Business Saturday
Sandwiched between Black Friday and Cyber Monday is another unofficial holiday called Small Business Saturday . Make Small Business Saturday a destination today and a habit 365 days a year.
Abas was appointed by then President Benigno Aquino III as a COMELEC Commissioner in April 2015.
Abas finished his undergraduate degree in philosophy at Notre Dame University in Cotabato City in 1999 and obtained his law degree from the Ateneo de Davao University in 2004.
His career in government service began when worked at the Civil Service Commission - Regional Office 12 in June 2007.
- Al Sharpton to visit Meek Mill in state prison in Chester, PA
- A Surface Pro and Black Type Cover Bundle starts at $1099
- Nike va signer un chèque historique et monstrueux au PSG — PSG
- Comcast Corp (NASDAQ:CMCSA) Q2 2017 Sentiment
- Ngl Energy Partners (NGL) Receiving Somewhat Positive Press Coverage, Report Shows
- Switzerland's Feuz wins World Cup downhill in Lake Louise
- 'Beyhadh' fame popular TV actor Piyush Sahdev arrested on rape charges
- Paul Clement claims disallowed goal call was "soft" after draw to Bournemouth
- Oppo launches A79, a new bezel-less smartphone with OLED display
- Zimbabwe: la retraite contrainte mais bien dotée de Robert Mugabe