After winning the National championship in Indore this month and the bronze medal at the Asian Championships in May earlier this year, Ritu Phogat had a real chance of going all the way in the World Wrestling Championship. And this year this girl set another victory with a silver medal after losing against Turkish Wrestler Demirhan in the gold medal she got silver for India.
Ritu had won the gold medal at the Commonwealth Wrestling Championship previous year in Singapore.
Protecting citizens' fundamental rights sacrosanct duty of Judiciary: CJI
Jaitley said judges can indeed direct the government but cannot take it upon themselves to perform the functions of the executive. The fine balance among the judiciary, executive and legislature should be maintained to avoid any strain.
This is India's first silver in the prestigious World Wrestling Championship. Ritu, who competed in the 48kg category, defeated Bulgarian Wrestler Selishka by 4-2 points in the quarterfinal and then had better of Chinese Wrestler Jiang Zhu by 4-3 points in the semifinal.
Apart from her, young wrestler Divya Kakran also came close to a medal as she lost to Danu Domikaityte of Lithuania by fall in the bronze medal bout.
- Coco, le nouveau Disney qui rend hommage aux morts
- Dylan Taylor Sells 300 Shares of Colliers International Group Inc (CIGI) Stock
- Three Nigerian soldiers killed as Boko Haram attacks army base, Borno village
- Paul Clement claims disallowed goal call was "soft" after draw to Bournemouth
- Trump doesn't rule out backing Moore
- Danny Elfman Discusses His Favorite Piece From 'Justice League'
- Oxford Circus panic: Pair released after police questioning
- Iraq plans new oil pipeline to Turkey
- Sheriff Abas, nephew of MILF's Iqbal, is new Comelec chief
- Switzerland's Feuz wins World Cup downhill in Lake Louise