Though Rance was unable to attend the film's premiere earlier this month, Ron and his daughter, Bryce Dallas Howard, attended in his place.
Howard took to Twitter to announce the news saying that he and his brother Clint were "blessed to be Rance Howar'd sons".
Oscar Pistorius' murder sentence more than doubled on appeal
Under that initial sentence, which the court called "shockingly lenient", the double-amputee runner could have been released on parole in mid-2019.
Rance was known for appearing in several of his son's films, including Apollo 13, Parenthood, Splash and others. He stood especially tall [for] his ability to balance ambition [with] great personal integrity. "We love & miss U Dad", Ron tweeted.
Born in Oklahoma, Howard is a Hollywood veteran, starring in both film and television since the 1950s. After his first movie role in 1956's Frontier Woman, Rance appeared in films like An Eye for an Eye (1966), Chinatown (1974), How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000), A Beautiful Mind (2001) and Nebraska (2013). On the TV side of things, he has appeared in Murder, She Wrote, Seinfeld, Bones, The X-Files, , Grey's Anatamoy, and alongside his son in Happy Days. He also earned an Emmy nomination for the Children's Program Through the Magic Pyramid.
- Leicester City set to offload Ahmed Musa in January
- Syrian opposition 'serious' on transition without Assad
- Lebanese actor arrested for 'collaborating with the Israeli enemy'
- Singer Miley Cyrus denies pregnancy, slams 'rude' fans
- Florida State at Florida
- Vegas massacre survivor killed in hit-and-run
- Sarah Rohde and toddler die after auto crashes into bear Thanksgiving day
- Jose Mourinho pays tribute to Marcos Rojo performance
- Marshon Lattimore, Ken Crawley won't play Sunday
- Tennessee woman receives final birthday gift from late father