PEMRA, in a letter, drew the attention of the satellite TV channel licensees to the Electronic Media (Programmes and Advertisements) Code of Conduct 2015, which prohibits live coverage of any security operation.
Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) on Sunday withdrew its orders it passed on Saturday for shutting down transmissions of private television channels as the situation deteriorated in the Federal Capital where the law enforcement agencies (LEAs) struggled to disperse the sit-in protesters at Faizabad.
Many Pakistanis exclusively rely on private channels and social media platform for acquiring needed information and updates relating country and on-going events.
Souspçons de tricherie lors de l'élection de Miss Aquitaine — Miss France
En effet, Océane L'Hoste , destituée de son titre de Miss Bordeaux 2017 , confie quelques détails très troublants sur le concours. Un texte troublant qui nous fait réfléchir sur cette élection populaire.
"Under the Electronic Media Code of Conduct, 2015, the live coverage of any security operation is prohibited", it had said. PEMRA chairman has also received a notification from the Ministry of Information, and distribution networks have been ordered to restore news channels to their original position.
In a statement, she said the transmission of the news channels was suspended after through deliberations in the best interest of the country to keep law and order situation under control.
The social media platforms are not completely unblocked in all areas and it is likely that the service will soon be restored in full with the passage of time. Some users say the social media "blackout" is restricting people from their right to information.
- Mertens justifie son refus du Barça — Naples
- Conflicting Reports On If There Will Be A Women's Royal Rumble
- Simon Property Group (SPG) Receives Daily News Impact Rating of 0.18
- Nepal: Parliamentary and Provincial polls begin today
- Ashes 2017: Jonny Bairstow being investigated for alleged headbutt on Cameron Bancroft
- Rabiot veut vite voir arriver "un n°6 de métier" — PSG
- Nice : Seri ne voulait pas imiter Dembélé pour rejoindre Barcelone
- Iran Claims US Responsible For 'Atrocities' Via Support for Saudi Arabia
- Italie: une femme séquestrée et violée pendant 10 ans dans une cave
- Five killed as stolen auto crashes into tree in Leeds