Senator Ahmed Makarfi, National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has "vividly" made known his ambition to become president in 2019.
"Let me make it abundantly clear, Makarfi is contesting for the presidential ticket of the party".
According the governor, "We are a much organised political party, we believe that the process of choosing our officers at the national convention will be free, fair and transparent, everyone has to ensure that it is a fair process to move the party forward", he said.
"I want to pledge firmly that we shall provide a level playing ground for all the Presidential aspirants from all the 19 Northern States to contest the office of the President".
"So, our choice of presidential candidate in 2019 will not be on the basis of wealth or accumulated money, but the human person that he is".
He urged the delegates to vote on merit, not on sentiment.
Gabriel Jesus hints at a LONG Manchester City stay with latest comments
The South American stars have scored 10 goals each this season but have not started a Premier League game together since September.
"Vote for any one anyone you know has been consistent with this party when it was raining and when we needed umbrella over our heads. I am interested in Nigeria unity", Dokpesi said.
He advised PDP members not to allowed themselves to be used by the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) or any PDP member to destroy the party, especially those planing to hold a parallel convention.
Dokpesi said his visit to Kano was to remind them of his plea for their support for his aspiration, for the state's executive of the party and delegates to the December 9 national convention to vote for him.
Last week, two out of the eight chairmanship aspirants in the December 9 convention, Professor Tunde Adeniran and Mr Bode George had accused the party leadership of being partial.
Baraka Sani, who is vying for National Women Leader, also speaking at the occasion said Dokpesi has demonstrated commitment to the ideals of the party.
- Bulldogs beat Broncos, await Mountain West Championship location
- British man among 22 injured in Tenerife floor collapse
- Jonny Bairstow: ECB investigating 'headbutt' involving Cameron Bancroft before Ashes
- George HW Bush Longest-Living US President in History
- Italie: une femme séquestrée et violée pendant 10 ans dans une cave
- North Korea reportedly replaces border guards after soldier's defection
- Charr ends Germany's 85-year wait for a world heavyweight champion
- Ashes 2017: Jonny Bairstow being investigated for alleged headbutt on Cameron Bancroft
- Charest écorche l'UPAC et s'en prend aux médias — Congrès du PLQ
- Syracuse gets run over in season finale by Boston College 42-14