Two men who were questioned by Metropolitan Police following an altercation which sparked chaos in the heart of London's West End on Friday have been released without charge. Both were interviewed by police. "They have not been arrested or charged". The Oxford Circus area, one of the busiest shopping zones in the heart of the city, was placed under temporary lockdown after police received reports of shots being fired.
Witnesses said two men "bumped" into each other before "several punches" were thrown on the westbound platform at Oxford Circus.
Sixteen people were treated for injuries following the incident, with one person taken to a trauma centre for leg injuries.
But about 90 minutes after responding, police said there was no evidence of any shots, casualties or suspects.
The New Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Mate 10 Porsche Available at Telkom
The Chinese company Huawei took a chance and released in 2017 several gadgets, two of which Mate 10 and the Pro version. Deals and pricing for the Huawei Mate 10 Pro can be viewed here and for the Huawei Mate 10 Porsche Design here.
The public response to the altercation, fueled by unfounded social media posts about gunfire, indicated that Londoners remain on edge after a year marred by numerous extremist attacks.
Armed police were sent to the scene amid fears it could have been a terrorist attack.
British Transport Police had released photos of the two men on Friday night and appealed for information about the incident.
The singer Olly Murs contributed to the confusion by tweeting about gunfire at the famous Selfridges department store on Oxford Street.
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- A Surface Pro and Black Type Cover Bundle starts at $1099
- Avec "Agir", les Constructifs ont enfin un mouvement politique... et un avenir?
- CBS Corporation (NYSE:CBS) Sees Significant Increase in Short Interest
- Whiting Petroleum Corp's (NYSE:WLL) Sentiment is 1.51
- Switzerland's Feuz wins World Cup downhill in Lake Louise
- Darren McFadden: Dallas Cowboys waive veteran RB
- GoPro, Inc. (GPRO) CEO Sells 165343 Shares of Stock
- Le XV de France proche de la désillusion face au Japon — Rugby
- Iraq plans new oil pipeline to Turkey