Darren McFadden is done in Dallas.
The Cowboys on Sunday waived the veteran running back "based on mutual discussions" in recent days, NFL Insider Ian Rapoport reported, citing unidentified league sources.
McFadden was a healthy scratch in the team's last two games after being inactive for the first eight games of the season. He had one carry for negative-2 yards in that contest.
Darren McFadden: Dallas Cowboys waive veteran RB
If he clears waivers, McFadden will be free to sign elsewhere. He was limited to just three games last season because he broke his elbow during the offseason, but he supplanted Morris as Elliott's backup.
McFadden finished fourth in the National Football League in rushing with the Cowboys in 2015 with 1,089 yards. Elliott had 783 yards and seven scores on 191 carries before leaving the team.
The McFadden move will be made official on Monday, as waivers don't take place on Sundays.
Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (RIGL) Releases Earnings Results, Beats Estimates By $0.01 EPS
Rigel Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ: RIGL ) shares traded 7.87% up during most recent session to reach at the closing price of $4.25. Finally, Candriam Luxembourg S.C.A. grew its position in shares of Rigel Pharmaceuticals by 8.8% during the second quarter.
- Charr ends Germany's 85-year wait for a world heavyweight champion
- Charest écorche l'UPAC et s'en prend aux médias — Congrès du PLQ
- Gabriel Jesus hints at a LONG Manchester City stay with latest comments
- In Panchmahal seat, BJP ignores saas for bahu, triggers family row
- Syracuse gets run over in season finale by Boston College 42-14
- Oppo launches A79, a new bezel-less smartphone with OLED display
- Air Lease Corporation (AL) Expected to Post Earnings of $0.88 Per Share
- PDP Raises Alarm Over Alleged Planned Parallel Convention By Some Members
- Al Sharpton to visit Meek Mill in state prison in Chester, PA
- PEMRA orders restoration of news channels