Rev. Al Sharpton said he's heading to a Pennsylvania prison to meet with Meek Mill, the rapper hit with hard time for a probation violation. His sentence of two to four years was protested recently and is considered to be an example of the unfair justice system that targets people of color.
Sharpton announced his plans to visit the correctional facility during a rally with the National Action Network, Sharpton's nonprofit dedicated to civil rights advocacy, in Harlem Saturday, NBC10 reported.
"I think what's happening with Meek Mill is something that the National Action Network has always fought, and I hope that me going there is going to raise the pressure on the issue and help begin a drive by us in supporting others and demanding a new hearing for him and a new judge".
Air Lease Corporation (AL) Expected to Post Earnings of $0.88 Per Share
The transportation company reported $0.90 EPS for the quarter, beating the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.87 by $0.03. Apollo Investment Corporation is a closed-end, externally managed, non-diversified management investment company.
Jay-Z has also spoken out about the injustice of the system in Meek Mill's case who was sent to jail despite the recommendation of his probation officer and prosecutors. Now he's 30, so he has been on probation for basically his entire adult life.
"Taxpayers in Philadelphia, Meek Mill's hometown, will have to spend tens of thousands of dollars each year to keep him locked up, and I bet none of them would tell you his imprisonment is helping to keep them safer", Jay-Z wrote.
- Charr ends Germany's 85-year wait for a world heavyweight champion
- Impeach rap vs Sereno should've been junked: law expert
- Zimbabwe: la retraite contrainte mais bien dotée de Robert Mugabe
- Chevron Corporation (CVX) Vice Chairman Michael K. Wirth Sells 1229 Shares
- PDP Raises Alarm Over Alleged Planned Parallel Convention By Some Members
- The New Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Mate 10 Porsche Available at Telkom
- Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (RIGL) Releases Earnings Results, Beats Estimates By $0.01 EPS
- Nike va signer un chèque historique et monstrueux au PSG — PSG
- Caterpillar, Inc. (NYSE:CAT) Shares Bought by Robeco Institutional Asset Management BV
- Conflicting Reports On If There Will Be A Women's Royal Rumble