Simmons injured his elbow during the fourth quarter of Wednesday's game against the Portland Trail Blazers while trying to create space for a field-goal attempt.
The rookie will miss his first game of the season due to swelling in his left elbow, per team, first reported by TNT's David Aldridge.
Last year's overall No. 1 draft pick is averaging 18.5 points, 9.1 rebounds and 7.7 assists per game this season.
Perth woman, 95, dubbed 'Indiana Joan' accused of looting Egyptian artefacts
Hanna thinks that the objects should be repatriated to their home countries if they are found to have been removed illegally. She said a favourite was a Roman dagger she found buried with the skeletal remains of its owner.
Veteran Jerryd Bayless has only just returned to the lineup after missing six games due to a wrist injury.
If healthy after the re-evaluation, Simmons will have the opportunity to go up against LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers on Tuesday.
The Sixers aren't the same team without Ben Simmons, and on Saturday, they'll see exactly what type of team they are this season without their 6-foot-10 point guard. He was in treatment during practice Friday and will be reevaluated Sunday.
- Burned body found atop SEPTA train in Center City Philadelphia
- Inside Pregnant Kylie Jenner's Family Thanksgiving Dinner
- Schlumberger LTD (NYSE:SLB) Institutional Investors Sentiment Index Crashed in 2017 Q2
- Why This selfie of Varun Dhawan makes Mumbai Police angry?
- Simon Thomas "crushed" following his wife's death
- Mariah Carey Gives Update on Postponed Christmas Tour
- Dunne improving as Chawrasia holds Hong Kong lead
- Talwars' lawyer Tanveer Ahmed to defend juvenile accused in Ryan murder case
- Bypoll: Dhinakaran to contest Amma's seat
- Le luxueux duplex de Kylian Mbappé en plein Paris