Reports have emerged that fans of the late cult killer Charles Manson have started a crowdfunding page to raise money for his funeral.
A spokesperson from California Department of Corrections confirmed Manson died of natural causes on Sunday night.
It is believed that the page was started by someone claiming to be friends with Manson's grandson, Jason.
The campaign had said, "It is with a heavy heart I must announce, not only have we lost a dear friend & loved one". "Not only does Jason now have to worry about stepping up to the plate to ensure his grandfather's remains are laid to rest with the honor, respect and dignity he deserves, but Jason must also bare the burden of covering all expenses".
"We will not sit back & let them throw Mr. Manson away like trash", he continued. "His whole life he lived with the pain of feeling unclaimed", the post read.
Save country: Gujarat bishop
There are barely 2 to 3 per cent Christians in Gujarat but such diktats from minorities have only helped the BJP in the past. The letter, dated November 21, 2017, calls Gujarat elections as "significant for the future course of our country".
The page raised more than $900 in just 11 hours before being shut down, a sight less than its target sum of $15,000. "Together we can help Jason bring his grandfather home & prove to the world Charles WAS LOVED & WILL BE CLAIMED!" it added.
Charles Manson's dead body can rot in prison.at least as far as GoFundMe is concerned.
The Los Angeles Times reported this week that Freeman has until November 29 to claim Manson's body.
"We removed this content earlier today and refunded donors", the representative said.
Freeman, the only self-identified relative of Manson, told the New York Daily News that he was "going to move towards having a proper burial". The enigmatic cult leader orchestrated the brutal Manson Family murders that occurred in 1969, including the gruesome stabbing of pregnant actress Sharon Tate - the wife of director Roman Polanski - and was serving a life sentence. They wouldn't get what I'm saying.
- Heavy rain leads to 'unprecedented' flooding in Co Laois
- Anadolu Agency: Turkey's president to make 1st Greece visit in 65 years
- Alain-Fabien Delon flingue son père : " Il rend les gens fous "
- Couillard condamne les propos d'un gérant d'Adidas de Montréal
- Shoppers get a head start on Black Friday deals
- Du Tchad au Mali 500 victimes de traite secourues
- Has $182000 Stake in Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (SIRI)
- The TJX Companies, Inc. (TJX) - Analyst rating score stands at 1.80
- Bharti Family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards Philanthropy
- Tyron Smith, kicker Bailey return for Cowboys vs Chargers