Reports have emerged that fans of the late cult killer Charles Manson have started a crowdfunding page to raise money for his funeral.
A spokesperson from California Department of Corrections confirmed Manson died of natural causes on Sunday night.
It is believed that the page was started by someone claiming to be friends with Manson's grandson, Jason.
The campaign had said, "It is with a heavy heart I must announce, not only have we lost a dear friend & loved one". "Not only does Jason now have to worry about stepping up to the plate to ensure his grandfather's remains are laid to rest with the honor, respect and dignity he deserves, but Jason must also bare the burden of covering all expenses".
"We will not sit back & let them throw Mr. Manson away like trash", he continued. "His whole life he lived with the pain of feeling unclaimed", the post read.
Du Tchad au Mali 500 victimes de traite secourues
Des poursuites vont être engagées contre elles pour trafic d'êtres humains, travail forcé et exploitation de mineurs, précise Interpol dans un communiqué.
The page raised more than $900 in just 11 hours before being shut down, a sight less than its target sum of $15,000. "Together we can help Jason bring his grandfather home & prove to the world Charles WAS LOVED & WILL BE CLAIMED!" it added.
Charles Manson's dead body can rot in prison.at least as far as GoFundMe is concerned.
The Los Angeles Times reported this week that Freeman has until November 29 to claim Manson's body.
"We removed this content earlier today and refunded donors", the representative said.
Freeman, the only self-identified relative of Manson, told the New York Daily News that he was "going to move towards having a proper burial". The enigmatic cult leader orchestrated the brutal Manson Family murders that occurred in 1969, including the gruesome stabbing of pregnant actress Sharon Tate - the wife of director Roman Polanski - and was serving a life sentence. They wouldn't get what I'm saying.
- Jets clip Kings 2-1 in closely contested affair
- Oshkosh Corporation (OSK) Insider Sells $3405600.00 in Stock
- Heavy rain leads to 'unprecedented' flooding in Co Laois
- Has $182000 Stake in Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (SIRI)
- Zimbabwe's economic situation "very difficult"
- Les particules fine, néfastes pour le sperme
- Alain-Fabien Delon flingue son père : " Il rend les gens fous "
- OHP Issues Blue Alert for Texas Shooting Suspect
- Ryan Phillippe Claims He Never Assaulted Ex-Girlfriend
- Bharti Family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards Philanthropy