This time, he'll head for TV screens, as he's created an expansive, expensive new drama now called Gangs Of London for United States channel Cinemax and the UK's Sky.
The series will be called Gangs of London, and take place in a present-day version of the city with a robust underworld in which a small number of worldwide gangs vie against each other for control. It will be produced by Pulse Films and Jane Featherstone's Sister Pictures. When the head of one such gang is assassinated, the authority void threatens a fragile peace between the underworld groups.
Evans will step into the director's chair for the series, working off a script that he co-wrote with a gaggle that includes Peter Berry, Clare Wilson Joe Murtagh along with his repertory cinematographer, Matt Flannery.
Pulse Films is the lead producer on the project after Edwards approached the Vice-owned company. It was commissioned by Sky's Head of Drama Anne Mensah and Kary Antholis, President of Miniseries at HBO and President of Programming at Cinemax. Pulse is better known for producing feature films such as American Honey and Nick Cave's 2000 Days On Earth as well as rock docs such as Blur: No Distance Left To Run and LCD Soundsystem's Shut Up And Play The Hits.
Several Injured After Serious Crash in Waterbury
A three-year-old boy has died after being hit by a vehicle during a violent crash Tuesday afternoon in Waterbury . A one-year-old girl, in addition to two women ages 21, 26, sustained serious injuries.
The news comes courtesy of Deadline, who also shared some details about the upcoming series, an original story which Evans says he hopes to be "a cinematic experience".
Jane Featherstone, founder of Elisabeth Murdoch-backed Sister Pictures, which is now producing series including Netflix and BBC1 drama Giri/Haji and Hulu and Channel 4 comedy The Bisexual, is co-producing. "It has been a thrilling experience to leap into long-form storytelling, exploring a multicultural world of global crime as it intersects on the streets of London", he said in a statement.
Mensah said the show is "unrivalled spectacle with characters to match", while Antholis added that it was a "fun, adrenalized and entertaining series that will be catnip for audiences".
- PayPal's new Facebook Messenger extension helps sellers invoice buyers and receive payment
- Google Doodle: Facts about Rukhmabai Raut, the first practicing Indian woman doctor
- England head coach Wayne Bennett coy on New Zealand link
- Tesla Roadster will get the option to enhance driving dynamics
- Seattle Sounders vs. Houston Dynamo in MLS Cup Playoffs
- ISRO to develop rocket that can be assembled in just 3 days
- Transgender Professor Awarded $1.1 Million in Discrimination Suit Against Southeastern Oklahoma State
- US Navy aircraft crashes into ocean off Japan
- October Indiana Employment Report
- Bain: WPP accepting $1.35B offer for Asatsu-DK