India entered a new defence league with the successful launch of a BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from Sukhoi-30 MKI jet over the Bay of Bengal, media reports said.
For the test objective, two fighter jets were involved to attain the task, one of those fired the missile and the other one kept a track of that very missile which involved tracking it from the flight, to fire to hit.
According to BrahMos Aerospace, their missile and the Sukhoi-30MKI together will carry out air combat operations within and beyond visibility range.
"Brahmos, the world class weapon with multi-platform, multi-mission role is now capable of being launched from land, sea and air, completing the tactical cruise missile triad for India", the statement noted.
The successful test firing of the 2.5 ton missile, which flies nearly three times the speed of sound at Mach 2.8 and has a range of 290 km, paved the way for its induction into the IAF. After release, the missile falls freely for 100-150 metres, then moving into a cruise phase at 14,000 metres and finally the terminal phase at 15 metres.
The land and warship versions have already been inducted by the armed forces.
The 2.8-mach BrahMos, said to the world's fastest anti-ship cruise missile has a range of 290-km and its integration with an aircraft like Sukhoi is a big boost for India's strike capabilities.
Rocchia et Sari deviennent pros à l'OM — Officiel
Un bail de trois ans est évoqué pour celui qui pourrait devenir la doublure de Jordan Amavi . Tout comme Yusuf Sari , qui joue lui à un poste de milieu offensif.
BrahMos is a joint venture between the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) of India and NPOM of Russian Federation.
The missile, weighing 2.4-tonne instead of the original 2.9-tonne, was tested from a twin-engine Sukhoi fighter over the Bay of Bengal.
In a tweet, she congratulated the team Brahmos and DRDO for the historic achievement.
Dr. S Christopher, Chairman DRDO & Secretary, Department of Defence R&D congratulated the Scientists and Engineers for this excellent textbook kind of flight test.
The missile, which travels nearly three times faster than sound, was in April successfully test fired from an Indian Navy ship.
This was the first test of the missile's air version against a target.
It was believed that Brahmos is one of the heaviest missiles in the world to be integrated.
- GST filing to get simpler:GSTN chairman-led panel to consult experts
- Centre to withdraw cases against "first-time offenders" in Kashmir
- Why celebs like Rihanna are sharing the story of Cyntoia Brown
- En América se acomodan a su gusto para entrar a la Liguilla
- Leaders of Egypt, Greece, Greek Cyprus vow closer cooperation
- Courier Company Picks Up Jumbo Jets on Taobao
- Mortgage Loan Rates Tick Higher, Applications Flat
- Police hunt man who filmed himself installing hidden camera
- Nick Carter, la star des Backstreet Boys, est accusé de viol
- Offshore SCI vessel sinks off Mumbai coastline, all passengers rescued