Against the background of speculations of a cover up plot, the Police Command in the FCT on Monday assured that it is investigating the death of the son of a former Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) National Chairman, Bilyamin Bello.
The attack, it was gathered, resulted from an allegation of infidelity against Bilyamin by his wife after she saw a text message on his phone.
Maryam is the daughter of former Aso Savings Bank Managing Director, Maimuna Aliyu, who himself is now facing fraud charges in court for.
Punch reports that he was immediately rushed to the hospital after the stabbing, but he gave up the ghost.
The couple had a daughter together.
Three Yale faculty named fellows of largest scientific society
Four Ohio State University faculty were chosen to receive one of the most prestigious awards given to USA scientists. This year's fellows will be honored at a ceremony on February 17, 2018, at the AAAS Annual Meeting in Austin, Texas.
A friend of the deceased, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said before the tragedy, Maryam had bit off part of Bilyamin's ear, adding that he was treated at a hospital and later returned home.
His death was not natural, as he was allegedly killed in his Maitama home in Abuja by his wife, Maryam Sanda.
The source revealed that after this, the deceased was reportedly advised to leave the house, but he reportedly refused, thinking that the matter had been settled, only for his wife to allegedly attack again. He was the son of Haliru Bello, a former leader of the opposition PDP.
Confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer, FCT, DSP Anjuguri Manzah said: "We received information of homicide at our division in Maitama".
It was learnt that the deceased had been buried on Sunday.
- Isaiah Thomas says Cleveland Cavaliers haven't rushed him to come back
- Shannon Kepler sentenced to 15 years on Monday
- India Approves Visa For 33 Pakistani Children Of Bohra Community
- Star Wars: Mark Hamill's Return to the Millennium Falcon Was Emotional
- U.S. faces global probe over Afghanistan
- Amazon Prime Video to stream new AMC series in 28 countries
- Azerbaijani, Turkish and Pakistani FMs to meet in Baku
- (COG) Given New $32.00 Price Target at Barclays PLC
- Tyson plant for Kansas now on hold
- EU's Barnier Shuts Door On Post-Brexit Passporting For City