Another key change was the GSB's decision to introduce 25-second shot clocks at the 2018 Australian Open in January.
The GSB is also intending to reduce Grand Slam seeds from 32 to 16 in 2019.
"If you want to have matches like I played here with Novak [Djokovic], the three finals, the kind of match that the crowd is more involved in because the points are so long, well, you can not expect to play 50-shot rallies and in 25 seconds be ready to play the next tennis point".
It is an attempt to stop players who aren't fully fit from playing in the first round just so they can collect prize money.
At Wimbledon, there were total of eight retirements - seven in the men's draw and one in the women's - over the first two days of the Championships.
The Grand Slam Board (GSB) trialed the shot clock in qualifying for the US Open, which forces players to serve within 25 seconds.
Additional remains of Sgt. La David Johnson found in Niger
Johnson's family has been critical of the handling of the soldier's death by President Donald Trump's administration. The patrol had left the Nigerien capital of Niamey on October 3 to meet with local leaders in Tongo Tongo.
Five minutes for warm-up and another one minute to ready for the start of the match. Those not ready to play in the permitted time could face fines of $20,000.
There were 16 seeds at Grand Slams until after Wimbledon in 2001, when the US Open, motivated by demands from television networks, asked for 32 in the hope that stars would still be in contention in the closing rounds.
The Australian Open will use a 25-second shot clock and players may be fined for retiring or performing "below professional standards" in the first round of Grand Slams from next season.
The Grand Slam Board says a player who is unfit to compete and withdraws before the draw will receive 50 percent of the first-round prize money.
A series of rule changes and innovations were tested at this month's Next Gen ATP Finals in Milan, featuring the world's top 21-and-under singles players including a shorter warm-up, the shot clock and no line judges.
- Lyon : le Lou Rugby renforce son effectif pour les prochaines saisons
- Un gros chiffre d'affaires sous le sapin — Commerce en ligne
- FIFA Bans Officials For Life For Taking Bribes
- 'Touched By an Angel' star and singer Della Reese dead at 86
- Pixel 2 update will fix buzzing issue
- RIL to raise $800m debt
- Shoe Carnival Inc (NASDAQ:SCVL) is Overbought Based on Its RSI
- U.S. arrests ex-Hong Kong and Senegal officials in bribery case
- Michael O'Neill set for talks over vacant Scotland job
- Congress Yuva Magazine mocks Prime Minister Modi with Meme, deletes post