This increase in violence, the report says, is "fueled by anti-LGBTQ prejudice, racism, too-easy access to guns, and increasing political attacks on the transgender community at both the state and federal level".
Twenty-three transgenders died in 2016 in the US from violence, and that number has risen to 25 in 2017, according to a 2017 HRC report. Other statistics collected by GLAAD show slightly different numbers, including more reported trans deaths in 2016 than the HRC report indicates.
Despite this briefly promising decrease in global murders of trans people, and with a recent study finding that a third of Americans believe that trans rights have gone too far, Transgender Day of Remembrance is more important than ever.
Former Labour leader Ed Miliband compared the frequent attacks on transgender people in the British press to the outrage that gay people and lesbians faced in the 1980's.
Weather Network predicts colder-than-usual winter for Thunder Bay
Like AccuWeather , The Weather Network is also calling for the increased risk of freezing rain for parts of southern Ontario. Scott says Nunavut can expect warmer than usual temperatures again this winter, along with average levels of snow.
Discrimination against transgender, gender non-conforming and non-binary people is a regular feature, with this discrimination sadly increasing towards transgender children. For many trans people, the situation has became markedly worse in the wake of last year's election.
On November 20 every year, International Transgender Day of Remembrance is celebrated in honour of those whose who lost their lives due to transphobia. "We have to be who we truly are, and we do it despite the violence that might be perpetrated against us".
Transgenders have also committed violence acts against non-trans people.
"The legislation, all the anti-transgender rhetoric, absolutely plays into how big the target is that's on our backs", he states.Bruce says education is the best approach to greater understanding".
- Establishment Inspection Report recives to Biocon
- The Walt Disney Company (DIS) has its outstanding shares of 1.56 Billion
- Southern California annual Disneyland pass no longer available
- Schroder apparent victor in treasurer race
- Phil Lord & Chris Miller Talk About Leaving 'Solo: A Star Wars Story'
- White House: Opioid epidemic's actual cost tops $500B
- Solar system's first interstellar visitor dazzles scientists
- Taiwanese AIBA head quits after power struggle
- Stock Seesawing Amidst Rampant Activity: Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) Insider Sells $2626660.26 in Stock