The Southern Nevada Health District reports that a child in the in the 0 - 4 age group has died as a result of the flu in Clark County.
More than 40 percent of health care professionals who reported at least one symptom of influenza during a recent flu season did not stay home from work, according to a new study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
"A flu-related death is a tragic reminder that influenza can be a serious illness", said Dr. Joe Iser, Chief Health Officer of the Southern Nevada Health District.
As of November 11, there were 78 confirmed flu cases reported to the health district.
New Brunswick names Zenabis as 3rd supplier of recreational pot
This would make it "the only coast-to-coast licensed producer in the country", according to a media release. The local First Nation invested $3 million in the 393,000 square foot facility.
It's important to get your flu shot early in the season, as it takes about two weeks after vaccination for antibodies to develop in the body and provide protection against influenza virus infection. "Young children, older adults, and people with certain health conditions may be more at risk for complications". Flu shots are available through pharmacies and doctors offices.
For additional information on influenza, visit the health district's flu clinic page.
Director of Nursing for the Erie County Health Department says, "We know that vaccine is still the best weapon in the arsenal".
Cough or sneeze into your sleeve or a tissue and wash your hands afterwards. No appointment is necessary, and walk-ins are welcome.
- Ballot Proposal To Legalize Marijuana Set To Turn In Signatures
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) Insider Sells $2626660.26 in Stock
- William Hill boosted by strong online numbers
- Phil Lord & Chris Miller Talk About Leaving 'Solo: A Star Wars Story'
- Childhood obesity: Battling the stigma
- Former Champ Fabricio Werdum Makes His Case for UFC Title Shot
- Uttar Pradesh government committed to establishing rule of law: Yogi Adityanath
- APPLE CUP: Different stakes for Cougs, UW
- Debbie McGee's stepson sparks homophobia row after viewers slam Strictly performance
- National security advisor takes dig at Trump's intelligence