India's Minister for Water Conservation has been caught urinating in public, on the eve of "World Toilet Day".
A clip of Minister Ram Shinde urinating on the side of the street on Saturday has already been been shared thousands of times on social media.
Minister in chief minister Devendra Fadnavis' cabinet Mr Shinde has landed himself in a controversy.
However, Shinde defended himself on the ground that he was unwell and had to relieve himself in the open while he was on a tour to see the implementation of the Jal Yukta Shivar, a water conservation programme created to make the state drought-free.
He said the reporters, "I have been traveling continuously for the last one month reviewing the Jalyukta Shivar scheme".
Kohli reaches milestone in drawn Test
Kohli was India's highest scorer in the second innings, making up for his failure in the first innings, by scoring an unbeaten 104 off 199 balls.
Mr Shinde told Press Trust of India high temperatures and dust made him ill.
The NCP was quick to react on the issue, asking how Prime Minister Narendra Modi can ask "people to follow discipline when his own ministers are a bunch of undisciplined people".
But Maharashtra's main opposition Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) said the fact the minister could not find a toilet on a main road showed the government had failed in its mission to provide toilets in public spaces.
The incident occurred on a stretch on the Solapur-Barshi road in Maharashtra when the minister was travelling in his auto. If the minister did not find a toilet on a highway, it means the government has all along been looting people in the name of Swacch Bharat cess on fuel. "The minister has proved that the whole scheme is nothing but a big failure", Malik said.
- Pittsburgh police issue warrant for suspect in shooting of rookie officer
- British Airways upsets customers with new boarding policy
- Peterborough Public Health reports first confirmed case of seasonal flu
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) is WestEnd Advisors LLC's 10th Largest Position
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- The Title and Cast of Fantastic Beasts Sequel Have Been Revealed
- New Brunswick names Zenabis as 3rd supplier of recreational pot
- William Hill boosted by strong online numbers
- Boston security guard accused of indecent assault to appear in court
- Claudio Ranieri ready to battle Carlo Ancelotti, Max Allegri for Italy job