British Airways is adopting a similar model in its new boarding process. Even if you're not paying four-figures for first-class travel that starts with a luxury vehicle pickup, airlines are selling all passengers perks like earlier-boarding, a shorter security line, or one-day airport lounge access.
The message says that from December 12, passengers will be given a boarding group number based on a series of requirements that seems to favour those who pay more for their ticket.
"This method has been used by airlines around the world for a number of years, including by our partners American Airlines, Iberia and Qatar".
But the move has not gone down well with some travellers on Twitter.
Nothing quite like a British class system to let you know your place!
APPLE CUP: Different stakes for Cougs, UW
Kyle Whittingham would've bet his house against what eventually transpired Saturday night in Seattle . Huntley was under pressure much of the night, and finished with 23 carries for 48 yards.
The scheme, which will see group five board the plane last, was outlined in an internal newsletter seen by The Independent. It appears a new boarding policy won't help. It doesn't matter if you board 1st or last. "Why would anybody want to spend more time on a plane?"
Never understood why people care so much about boarding a plane first, you have a seat, it won't go without you.
The changes are being brought in, BA claim, to simplify the ticket-buying process.
A spokesman said, "We are always looking at ways to improve the airport experience for our customers. Earlier this year we were the first United Kingdom airline to introduce automated biometric technology, with the launch of self-service boarding gates, and we also installed self-service bag drop points at Heathrow and Gatwick giving our customers an even quicker check-in experience", the spokesperson said.
"A spokesperson lated explained: ".we are introducing new boarding procedures to speed up the process and make it simpler for customers to understand.
- White House: Opioid epidemic's actual cost tops $500B
- Baseball Hall of Fame ballot crowded with stars
- Establishment Inspection Report recives to Biocon
- Former Champ Fabricio Werdum Makes His Case for UFC Title Shot
- Ballot Proposal To Legalize Marijuana Set To Turn In Signatures
- Bielsa veut gagner à Amiens pour les supporters — LOSC
- Incident chimique à Maureilhan, une centaine de personnes évacuées — Hérault
- Childhood obesity: Battling the stigma
- Police issue Amber Alert for 12-year-old Iowa girl
- Stock Seesawing Amidst Rampant Activity: Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT)