In the national capital, the content of particulate matter, PM 2.5, in the air has been quite high, often crossing 500, while the safety limit is 50.
The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has 17 monitoring stations in Delhi and all stations recorded the air quality as "poor".
Rains on Friday night and early in the morning today brought down the air pollution levels marginally in Delhi/NCR.
The Air Quality Index (AQI) in Shadipur was at 293 (poor), Mandir Marg at 306 (very poor), Anand Vihar at 340 (very poor), Lodhi Road at 329 (very poor) even as the Delhi residents took to micro blogging website Twitter to express hope for some relief from smog and air pollution. But chances of the AQI hitting the "severe" category anytime soon is remote.This has come as a whiff of fresh air Delhiites, as pollution levels hardly drops to such low levels in the city during this time of the year.
Eagles vs. Cowboys inactives: CB Ronald Darby returns
After safety Jeff Heath filled in for the rest of the 49ers game, kicker Mike Nugent was signed. Both teams have lost key players, but Philadelphia is getting cornerback Ronald Darby back.
The change in Delhi-NCR weather is due to the passage of Western Disturbance over Jammu and Kashmir and its induced cyclonic circulation over Rajasthan, Skymet said. "The situation will be better day-by-day", Palwat said.
However, according to SAFAR (System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting and Research), an app instituted by the Ministry of Earth Science, the air quality levels in Delhi improved to "moderate" on Saturday morning. PM10 and PM2.5 are ultra-fine particles that are the dominant pollutants in Delhi.
The larger particulate matter, measured by PM10, docked at 199 Âµg/m3 in the morning while PM2.5, which measures very poor and more risky particulate matter, hovered around 130 Âµg/m3.
- Marshawn Lynch sits for United States national anthem, stands for Mexican national anthem
- Trump intervient pour libérer des basketteurs américains en Chine puis le regrette
- Bosz has two games to save his job at Dortmund
- Giants improve to 2-8 with OT win over Chiefs
- Earle Hyman, Best Known From 'The Cosby Show,' Dies At 91
- Person killed during training exercise at CFB Shilo
- Cooper Kupp's Mistakes Cost Rams in 24-7 Loss to Vikings
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) Price Target Raised to $36.00
- D'Onta Foreman likely tore his Achilles
- Matthew Renshaw: The unluckiest man in Australian cricket