In the national capital, the content of particulate matter, PM 2.5, in the air has been quite high, often crossing 500, while the safety limit is 50.
The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has 17 monitoring stations in Delhi and all stations recorded the air quality as "poor".
Rains on Friday night and early in the morning today brought down the air pollution levels marginally in Delhi/NCR.
The Air Quality Index (AQI) in Shadipur was at 293 (poor), Mandir Marg at 306 (very poor), Anand Vihar at 340 (very poor), Lodhi Road at 329 (very poor) even as the Delhi residents took to micro blogging website Twitter to express hope for some relief from smog and air pollution. But chances of the AQI hitting the "severe" category anytime soon is remote.This has come as a whiff of fresh air Delhiites, as pollution levels hardly drops to such low levels in the city during this time of the year.
Rivlin rejects Hebron shooter Elor Azaria's clemency request
President Rivlin said a chief value of the military was the "purity of arms", or the use of weapons with only necessary force. However, both Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defence Minister Avigdor Lieberman have supported a full pardon.
The change in Delhi-NCR weather is due to the passage of Western Disturbance over Jammu and Kashmir and its induced cyclonic circulation over Rajasthan, Skymet said. "The situation will be better day-by-day", Palwat said.
However, according to SAFAR (System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting and Research), an app instituted by the Ministry of Earth Science, the air quality levels in Delhi improved to "moderate" on Saturday morning. PM10 and PM2.5 are ultra-fine particles that are the dominant pollutants in Delhi.
The larger particulate matter, measured by PM10, docked at 199 Âµg/m3 in the morning while PM2.5, which measures very poor and more risky particulate matter, hovered around 130 Âµg/m3.
- Winnipeg Jets tie franchise goal record in win over New Jersey Devils
- The Energizer Holdings Inc (ENR) Rating Reiterated by Jefferies Group LLC
- Earle Hyman, Best Known From 'The Cosby Show,' Dies At 91
- Roma 2-1 Lazio
- Eagles vs. Cowboys inactives: CB Ronald Darby returns
- Embattled Toshiba to boost capital by $5.3b share issuance
- Previa Necaxa - Morelia: el partido más complicado para Ambriz
- Cooper Kupp's Mistakes Cost Rams in 24-7 Loss to Vikings
- OnePlus 3 And OnePlus 3T Android 8.0 Oreo Update Released
- Thorson, Jackson lead Northwestern to 39-0 rout Minnesota