It reads: "After a battery of tests, my physicians identified the issue as Parkinson's disease, a disease that bested my father".
Jackson told supporters in a letter that he's been seeking outpatient care and plans to devote time to physical therapy to help slow progression of the disease.
Rev. Jesse Jackson, long a towering figure of American culture, has revealed he was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 2015. Jackson said he and his family started noticing "changes" three years ago, but that he "resisted interrupting my work to visit a doctor" until he was unable to ignore the symptoms. He said he saw the diagnosis as "not a stop sign but rather a signal that I must make lifestyle changes and dedicate myself to physical therapy in hopes of slowing the disease's progression". Noah Lewis Robinson Sr. died in 1997 at age 88 after suffering a heart attack.
IS Bomb Kills More Than 20 Displaced People in Syria
Syrian state broadcaster SANA said that 30 others were injured at a site where displaced families were relocated in eastern Syria near the city of Deir el-Zour.
He runs the Chicago-based Rainbow/PUSH Coalition and was twice a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination in the 1980s. He's often seen at protests nationwide and has continued regular forums at Rainbow/PUSH's headquarters.
"I will continue to try to instil hope in the hopeless, expand our democracy to the disenfranchised and free innocent prisoners around the world", he said in the letter. "I steadfastly affirm that I would rather wear out than rust out".
The Rev. Al Sharpton calls Jackson a mentor and says in a video released on Twitter that he had spent the last few days with him in New York City. "We pray for him, just as he fought for us".
- Anambra election: Obiano votes, says he'll win by landslide victory
- Manmohan Singh calls for united front against BJP
- Federal lab: Montcalm Co. deer tested positive for chronic wasting disease
- Nigeria, 3ème nation la plus terrorisée dans le monde
- Contrôlé ivre à 112 km/h en ville, il explique être pressé d'aller aux toilettes — Toulouse
- Miss Monde : Aurore Kichenin représente la France en finale !
- Ben Davies on impact Tottenham Hotspur trio can have on Arsenal clash
- Neymar veut "tout gagner" avec le PSG
- '3 Sayyaf suspects planned to attack ASEAN summit'
- L'Iran prie Paris de ne pas s'ingérer dans son programme balistique