It reads: "After a battery of tests, my physicians identified the issue as Parkinson's disease, a disease that bested my father".
Jackson told supporters in a letter that he's been seeking outpatient care and plans to devote time to physical therapy to help slow progression of the disease.
Rev. Jesse Jackson, long a towering figure of American culture, has revealed he was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 2015. Jackson said he and his family started noticing "changes" three years ago, but that he "resisted interrupting my work to visit a doctor" until he was unable to ignore the symptoms. He said he saw the diagnosis as "not a stop sign but rather a signal that I must make lifestyle changes and dedicate myself to physical therapy in hopes of slowing the disease's progression". Noah Lewis Robinson Sr. died in 1997 at age 88 after suffering a heart attack.
Un individu menaçant interpellé devant la Grande Mosquée de Paris
Selon le Point , le laboratoire central de la préfecture de police est intervenu pour vérifier le contenu de la mallette. Jeudi, c'est à la mosquée de la porte des Poissonniers, située dans le 18e, que la police est intervenue.
He runs the Chicago-based Rainbow/PUSH Coalition and was twice a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination in the 1980s. He's often seen at protests nationwide and has continued regular forums at Rainbow/PUSH's headquarters.
"I will continue to try to instil hope in the hopeless, expand our democracy to the disenfranchised and free innocent prisoners around the world", he said in the letter. "I steadfastly affirm that I would rather wear out than rust out".
The Rev. Al Sharpton calls Jackson a mentor and says in a video released on Twitter that he had spent the last few days with him in New York City. "We pray for him, just as he fought for us".
- Stock Rating Update on the Shares of Amarin Corp Ads (AMRN)
- Anambra election: Obiano votes, says he'll win by landslide victory
- Nigeria, 3ème nation la plus terrorisée dans le monde
- OM : Garcia voit un match compliqué à Bordeaux
- Why CQH Outperformed Cheniere Energy and CQP in 2017
- Malcolm Young, le guitariste et fondateur d'AC/DC est décédé
- Compaoré dément "tout lien" avec des "terroristes" — Burkina
- AC/DC co-founder Malcom Young has died aged 64
- Pandora Media, Inc. (P): What's the Story?
- Rahul Roy Joins BJP, Twitterati Has a Field Day Cracking Jokes