It reads: "After a battery of tests, my physicians identified the issue as Parkinson's disease, a disease that bested my father".
Jackson told supporters in a letter that he's been seeking outpatient care and plans to devote time to physical therapy to help slow progression of the disease.
Rev. Jesse Jackson, long a towering figure of American culture, has revealed he was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 2015. Jackson said he and his family started noticing "changes" three years ago, but that he "resisted interrupting my work to visit a doctor" until he was unable to ignore the symptoms. He said he saw the diagnosis as "not a stop sign but rather a signal that I must make lifestyle changes and dedicate myself to physical therapy in hopes of slowing the disease's progression". Noah Lewis Robinson Sr. died in 1997 at age 88 after suffering a heart attack.
Goffin despairing ahead of Federer semi-final
Get daily prep sports headlines from the Gwinnett Daily Post staff delivered to your email. It's tough to play higher, to find the loop when you play here on this kind of surface.
He runs the Chicago-based Rainbow/PUSH Coalition and was twice a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination in the 1980s. He's often seen at protests nationwide and has continued regular forums at Rainbow/PUSH's headquarters.
"I will continue to try to instil hope in the hopeless, expand our democracy to the disenfranchised and free innocent prisoners around the world", he said in the letter. "I steadfastly affirm that I would rather wear out than rust out".
The Rev. Al Sharpton calls Jackson a mentor and says in a video released on Twitter that he had spent the last few days with him in New York City. "We pray for him, just as he fought for us".
- California's unemployment rate dips to 4.9 percent
- Denuncian a Maduro por crímenes de lesa humanidad
- Nigeria, 3ème nation la plus terrorisée dans le monde
- Federal lab: Montcalm Co. deer tested positive for chronic wasting disease
- IS Bomb Kills More Than 20 Displaced People in Syria
- Anambra election: Obiano votes, says he'll win by landslide victory
- Miss Monde : Aurore Kichenin représente la France en finale !
- Rahul Roy Joins BJP, Twitterati Has a Field Day Cracking Jokes
- CAF approves Nigeria's request to move AFCON qualifiers
- Contrôlé ivre à 112 km/h en ville, il explique être pressé d'aller aux toilettes — Toulouse