The status of Los Angeles Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers was up in the air heading into the weekend, as the starting signal-caller had been in the league's concussion protocol since Monday. "So I think we're prepared for the worst, but we're obviously hoping he'll be ready to play". Chargers coach Anthony Lynn says he is optimistic Rivers will be able to extend his streak of 194 consecutive starts since 2006. "I've not been through the concussion protocol, so I can't speak for him".
Rivers self-reported concussion-like symptoms the day after the Chargers' 20-17 overtime loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars, which put him at risk to miss a regular season game for the first time since 2005 (he only appeared in two games that year as Drew Brees was the starter). But for a guy who is as physically and mentally tough as he is, this isn't a question of toughness, and that's where it's a little bit tricky.
Clemens' last significant playing time came in 2013, with the St. Louis Rams, when he made nine starts in place of the injured Sam Bradford.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday
However, with the increase in inflation and value of the pound, retailers might find it more hard to deliver discounts . All are trying to avoid a big squeeze on their delivery and IT infrastructure by spreading demand over a longer period.
He has completed 60.1 per cent of his passes this season, while racking up 2,263 yards and 15 touchdowns.
"It just doesn't change", Clemens said. "If I changed anything I was doing and how I was preparing, then I've been cheating this team all year".
Added Clemens: "You can't tough it through this one". Before Wednesday's practice, a crowd of reporters and cameramen gathered at his locker, and Clemens addressed the media for several minutes. "There really isn't at this point".
- Honor V10 to be announced on November 28
- Moody's upgrades ratings of nine PSUs
- Baker Hughes Incorporated (NASDAQ:BHGE) Rating Reiterated by B. Riley
- Gold nears $1300/oz. amid United States tax reform uncertainty
- Timber Hill LLC Purchases New Position in The Blackstone Group LP (BX)
- Report shows Takata recall still moving slowly
- Gabby Douglas apologized after Simone Biles criticized her reply to Aly Raisman
- Markel Corp Purchases 37000 Shares of Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT)
- Rite Aid Corporation (RAD) Insider bought 75000 Shares
- Global Honey Powders Market Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2017