The status of Los Angeles Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers was up in the air heading into the weekend, as the starting signal-caller had been in the league's concussion protocol since Monday. "So I think we're prepared for the worst, but we're obviously hoping he'll be ready to play". Chargers coach Anthony Lynn says he is optimistic Rivers will be able to extend his streak of 194 consecutive starts since 2006. "I've not been through the concussion protocol, so I can't speak for him".
Rivers self-reported concussion-like symptoms the day after the Chargers' 20-17 overtime loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars, which put him at risk to miss a regular season game for the first time since 2005 (he only appeared in two games that year as Drew Brees was the starter). But for a guy who is as physically and mentally tough as he is, this isn't a question of toughness, and that's where it's a little bit tricky.
Clemens' last significant playing time came in 2013, with the St. Louis Rams, when he made nine starts in place of the injured Sam Bradford.
Venus Williams' streak of bad luck continues - off the court
Williams acquired the Florida property, which backs up to a golf course, almost two decades ago, according to property records. In both this incident and another, police did not release public information until they were reported upon by the media.
He has completed 60.1 per cent of his passes this season, while racking up 2,263 yards and 15 touchdowns.
"It just doesn't change", Clemens said. "If I changed anything I was doing and how I was preparing, then I've been cheating this team all year".
Added Clemens: "You can't tough it through this one". Before Wednesday's practice, a crowd of reporters and cameramen gathered at his locker, and Clemens addressed the media for several minutes. "There really isn't at this point".
- Kim Kardashian Just Wants To Go Grocery Shopping, You Guys
- Honor V10 to be announced on November 28
- Netflix & Red Chillies announce Indian Original series 'Bard of Blood'
- Timber Hill LLC Purchases New Position in The Blackstone Group LP (BX)
- Madison County Courthouse to open doors for National Adoption Day
- Irani corners Shashi Tharoor over his 'Maharajas' remark
- Baker Hughes Incorporated (NASDAQ:BHGE) Rating Reiterated by B. Riley
- DOD releases sexual assault figures for Fort Drum, other military installations
- Rite Aid Corporation (RAD) Insider bought 75000 Shares
- (ADP) Lifted to Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley