Semi Ngata - also known as "Tongan Sam" - who is a bodyguard for members of the Ibrahim family has been shot in the back in Sydney's west, the ABC understands.
Police confirmed that emergency services were called to a home in Price Street, Merrylands at about 10.45pm on Friday and found a 59-year-old man with a gunshot wound to the back.
"He remains in a serious but stable condition in hospital", a police statement read.
Bodyguard of notorious Sydney underworld figure shot in the back
A NSW police statement said: 'A crime scene has been established by police from Holroyd Local Area Command [and] inquiries are now underway'.
Police are also investigating whether a burnt vehicle found nearby is connected to the shooting.
John Ibrahim's home was raided in August but he was not arrested or charged with any offences.
Peter Kay's Car Share WILL RETURN - here's everything you need to know
Car Share: Unscripted and the finale episode will once again be produced by Gill Isles for production company Goodnight Vienna. Car Share won two Bafta TV Awards in 2016 - best scripted comedy and best male performance in a comedy programme for Kay.
- Spotify buys online recording studio Soundtrap
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (TEVA) Declares Quarterly Dividend of $0.09
- Manchester United vs Newcastle: Rafael Benitez without quartet for Old Trafford test
- Self-driving cars get first United Kingdom road tests in Coventry
- PS: procédure d'exclusion contre Gérard Filoche
- Newport Asia LLC Trims Position in NetEase, Inc. (NTES)
- Mamata Banerjee travels to United Kingdom , but misses event
- EFCC grills Pius Anyim over N13bn ecological fund, Centenary City project
- Credicorp Ltd. (BAP) Position Lifted by Sei Investments Co
- N says Ishaq Dar is still Finance Minister