Semi Ngata - also known as "Tongan Sam" - who is a bodyguard for members of the Ibrahim family has been shot in the back in Sydney's west, the ABC understands.
Police confirmed that emergency services were called to a home in Price Street, Merrylands at about 10.45pm on Friday and found a 59-year-old man with a gunshot wound to the back.
"He remains in a serious but stable condition in hospital", a police statement read.
Bodyguard of notorious Sydney underworld figure shot in the back
A NSW police statement said: 'A crime scene has been established by police from Holroyd Local Area Command [and] inquiries are now underway'.
Police are also investigating whether a burnt vehicle found nearby is connected to the shooting.
John Ibrahim's home was raided in August but he was not arrested or charged with any offences.
Lucki Readies for NCAA Championships
The championship will be streamed via NCAA.com and FloTrack for a subscription fee. Fans can also view live results posted online.
- "Der Zakarian et Ranieri ? Une deux-chevaux et une Mercedes" — Kita
- L'Assemblée vote le prolongement du crédit d'impôt pour le bio
- Credicorp Ltd. (BAP) Position Lifted by Sei Investments Co
- Hikari Power Ltd Takes Position in Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc. (SRPT)
- Peter Kay's Car Share WILL RETURN - here's everything you need to know
- A Philadelphia grandfather was buried with his beloved cheesesteaks
- Manchester United vs Newcastle: Rafael Benitez without quartet for Old Trafford test
- EFCC grills Pius Anyim over N13bn ecological fund, Centenary City project
- IShares US Credit Bond (CRED) Rises 0.16% for Nov 17
- Newport Asia LLC Trims Position in NetEase, Inc. (NTES)