Semi Ngata - also known as "Tongan Sam" - who is a bodyguard for members of the Ibrahim family has been shot in the back in Sydney's west, the ABC understands.
Police confirmed that emergency services were called to a home in Price Street, Merrylands at about 10.45pm on Friday and found a 59-year-old man with a gunshot wound to the back.
"He remains in a serious but stable condition in hospital", a police statement read.
Bodyguard of notorious Sydney underworld figure shot in the back
A NSW police statement said: 'A crime scene has been established by police from Holroyd Local Area Command [and] inquiries are now underway'.
Police are also investigating whether a burnt vehicle found nearby is connected to the shooting.
John Ibrahim's home was raided in August but he was not arrested or charged with any offences.
PS: procédure d'exclusion contre Gérard Filoche
On y voit Emmanuel Macron à une tribune, portant un brassard nazi, où le symbole du dollar remplace la croix gammée. Gérard Filoche a rapidement supprimé son tweet, mais c'était sans compter sur la magie de la "capture-écran".
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (TEVA) Declares Quarterly Dividend of $0.09
- A Philadelphia grandfather was buried with his beloved cheesesteaks
- Google Doodle: Tribute to Director V Shantaram
- Mamata Banerjee travels to United Kingdom , but misses event
- Guess Who Could Save a Billion Dollars Under the GOP Tax Plan?
- Spotify buys online recording studio Soundtrap
- Lucki Readies for NCAA Championships
- Newport Asia LLC Trims Position in NetEase, Inc. (NTES)
- Hikari Power Ltd Takes Position in Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc. (SRPT)
- Aurora sees sharp increase in hate crimes, Federal Bureau of Investigation reports