A spokesperson later told The Times that Gillibrand, who endorsed former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary ClintonHillary Diane Rodham ClintonGOP rushes to cut ties to Moore Papadopoulos was in regular contact with Stephen Miller, helped edit Trump speech: report Bannon jokes Clinton got her "ass kicked" in 2016 election MORE for president in 2016, was saying that if Clinton's inappropriate relationship with Lewinsky had occurred now, he would have been compelled to resign.
In an interview with The New York Times, Gillibrand said that Clinton stepping down after the scandal was made public would have been "the appropriate response". The Senate acquitted him.
"Ken Starr spent $70 million on a consensual blowjob. But not enough for you @SenGillibrand?" he wrote.
Gillibrand was appointed to replace Hillary Clinton in the Senate after she was named Secretary of State under the Obama administration.
Reines, long a part of the Clintons' inner circle, played Donald Trump during the Democratic nominee's mock debates.
"As late as previous year, Donald Trump's invocation of Broaddrick, Paula Jones, and Kathleen Willey, all women who had accused the former president of nonconsensual sexual impropriety, was viewed as an audacious distraction", Antle adds.
Around 3000 Additional US Troops are Stationed in Afghanistan
John Nicholson, who heads the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation mission in Afghanistan . The number of troops was increased at the request of US Gen.
Bill Clinton was impeached for perjury and obstruction of the House's investigation into the affair.
Ms. Gillibrand did tell the newspaper that she believed circumstances are different today, however, and what is now deemed a "fireable offense" was more tolerated in the 1990s. "And I think in light of this conversation, we should have a very different conversation about President Trump, and a very different conversation about allegations against him".
Gillibrand may not be the only Democrat to call out the former president for his workplace sexual misconduct, but her prominence makes her remarks significant.
The topic reached Capitol Hill on Thursday with a television and radio host accusing Sen. She also said she will donate money given to her campaign by a Franken-linked PAC to charity.
- Marco Silva leaving door ajar for Everton manager job
- Instagram adds ability to create Stories, save posts on its mobile website
- Manitoba premier Brian Pallister injured during hike in New Mexico
- Kate Middleton latest pregnant baby news: Prince William's parenthood struggle REVEALED
- Florida Democratic Party Leader Resigns After Allegations of Workplace Harassment
- L'Otan s'excuse après des "incidents" ayant offensé Erdogan
- Manchester United to step up pursuit of Tottenham star
- Jesse Jackson says he has Parkinson's disease
- Jennifer Hudson and fiancé David Otunga split after 10 years
- The Flash movie could now feature Batman