Several U.S. Federal Reserve officials have expected that the central bank would continue gradual interest rate hikes amid low inflation and unemployment rate.
He argued that a spike in demand could push the economy beyond its sustainable capacity, as the economy is nearing full employment.
He added that even if the Fed does managed to return inflation to its 2 percent inflation target, it would not happen before 2018 or 2019.
US inflation expectations edged up again in October, touching their highest level in six months, according to a Federal Reserve Bank of NY survey that could spell some relief for central bankers looking for hints of price pressure.
Emirates Announces Commitment for 40 Boeing 787-10s
Boeing Co . has inked a deal to sell four 777 freighters to Ethiopian Airlines , a purchase valued at $1.3 billion. Azerbaijan Airlines has ordered five Boeing 787-8 aircraft and also chose to purchase two large freighters.
Both gauges have generally slipped since the survey began in mid-2013, covering a period in which spot inflation levels have lingered below a 2-percent Fed target.
"The current level of the policy rate is appropriate given current macroeconomic data", said St. Louis Fed President James Bullard at a forum on Tuesday.
"Inflation data during 2017 have surprised to the downside and call into question the idea that United States inflation is reliably returning toward target", Bullard said in prepared remarks during an appearance in Louisville, Kentucky.
He downplayed the impact of tightening labor market on inflation and said that low unemployment readings were probably not an indicator of meaningfully higher inflation over the forecast horizon. Market investors now widely expected that the central bank would raise interest rates again at the meeting.
- Church & Dwight Company (CHD) Position Increased by Ubs Asset Management Americas Inc
- DC-area small businesses are hiring
- Lonmin plc (LON:LMI) Given Hold Rating at Peel Hunt
- Karen Murray Buys 62500 Shares of Sequential Brands Group, Inc. (SQBG) Stock
- Colin Kaepernick named GQ magazine's citizen of the year
- Zendaya To Star In Reese Witherspoon-Produced Film 'A White Lie'
- Jordin Sparks announces pregnancy after secret marriage to Dana Isaiah
- Ouverture des ports et aéroports au Yémen
- Itau Unibanco Holding Breaks Below 200-Day Moving Average - Notable for ITUB
- Associação presidida por António Costa também fez jantar no Panteão Nacional