Police say it happened around 8:00 a.m. on November 9 at a gas station in the 1800 block of Uxbridge Drive Northwest when staff noticed the poppy box was gone.
Police said a man walked into the store and allegedly stole the poppy donation box from the counter before fleeing the scene. When officers arrived to investigate, it was learned that a poppy box had also been stolen from another nearby business.
Several hours later, a poppy box was reported stolen from a gas station along Centre Street North and the officers recognized the suspect description was similar to the individual in the previous thefts.
Police were able to track down the suspect, who witnesses said had left on a Calgary Transit bus, and stop the bus to arrest him without incident.
$2.63 EPS Expected for Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CM)
The stock of Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (TSE:CM) earned "Sector Perform" rating by RBC Capital Markets on Friday, May 26. PNC Financial Services Group Inc. grew its position in Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce by 0.4% during the first quarter.
Jesse Rodichuk is now charged with three counts of theft under $5,000.
According to police, there were 27 poppy box thefts - the same number as last year - between October 27 and November 12 this year and charges have been laid in connection to five of them.
Charges were laid in five of this year's thefts.
Anyone with information on any poppy box thefts is asked to call Calgary police at 403-266-1234 or Crime Stoppers.
- Acquires 88310 Shares of Enterprise Products Partners LP (EPD)
- Schlumberger LTD (SLB) Stake Maintained by American Century Companies Inc
- Eicher Motors Q2 net profit jumps 25% YoY
- People Magazine Names 'This Is Us' Men the Sexiest Cast Alive
- Another Harvey Weinstein Rape Accuser Comes Forward - With A Lawsuit!
- Dimensional Fund Advisors Lp Adjusts Its Stake in Kulicke and Soffa (KLIC)
- What Does Insider Trading Tell Us About The Kraft Heinz Company (KHC)?
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Jason Momoa Says He's a 'Degenerate', Not a Role Model
- PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (The) (PNC) Position Lifted by Rhumbline Advisers