The 163-carat stone is the centerpiece of an emerald and diamond studded necklace.
A diamond necklace featuring a flawless 163-carat diamond - the largest of its kind to be auctioned - has fetched $33.5m (£25.5m) at a Christie's event in Geneva.
On Monday a diamond known as the Pink Star sold for a record $83m (£52m) at auction in Geneva.
The necklace, named The Art of de Grisogono, sold for $33.5m - $29.5m plus $4m premium - exceeding pre-sale predictions of $30m. The stone was the largest of its kind ever auctioned.
A team of 10 specialists in NY cut the jewel from a rough 404-carat stone discovered in Angola past year, the biggest diamond ever found in that country.
The finished piece is made from white gold, diamond and emeralds.
Ben Roethlisberger Already Ripping 'Thursday Night Football' Ahead Of Matchup With Titans
A short turn around looks to be coming at a bad time for the Steelers after a number of players picked up injuries on Sunday. As understandable as his points are, the league probably isn't going to just get rid of Thursday night games any time soon.
Unsurprisingly it comes with a hefty price tag.
It has since passed through the hands of famous French jeweler Frederic Boucheron and later the Baron von Derwies.
The buyer's identity has not been revealed.
Tuesday's sale marked the first time the diamond appeared at auction in 130 years.
Christie's jewel auction, which raked in sales totaling 105.4 million Swiss francs, will be followed Wednesday by a similar auction at Sotheby's.
- Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Lawrence and More Read Mean Tweets About Jimmy Kimmel
- ASSE : Oscar Garcia annonce son départ !
- Lawyers seek group suit over alleged Uber sex assaults
- Buffett Adds More Apple, Reduces IBM Stake by Another Third
- Parents petition to change school's 'crass' sounding mascot
- Madison Square Garden to Sell Its WNBA Franchise
- Imagine Florida State's Jimbo Fisher coaching Texas A&M ... Report says Aggies interested
- Curtis Samuel to miss rest of season
- Apple Watch Can Detect Hypertension And Sleep Apnea
- Le siège parisien perquisitionné — Lafarge