The 163-carat stone is the centerpiece of an emerald and diamond studded necklace.
A diamond necklace featuring a flawless 163-carat diamond - the largest of its kind to be auctioned - has fetched $33.5m (£25.5m) at a Christie's event in Geneva.
On Monday a diamond known as the Pink Star sold for a record $83m (£52m) at auction in Geneva.
The necklace, named The Art of de Grisogono, sold for $33.5m - $29.5m plus $4m premium - exceeding pre-sale predictions of $30m. The stone was the largest of its kind ever auctioned.
A team of 10 specialists in NY cut the jewel from a rough 404-carat stone discovered in Angola past year, the biggest diamond ever found in that country.
The finished piece is made from white gold, diamond and emeralds.
Buffett Adds More Apple, Reduces IBM Stake by Another Third
The Berkshire Hathaway quarterly SEC filing (13F) showed the balance as more than $177 billion of September 30. Buffett cut the Charter Communications stake by about 10%, selling 954,100 shares in the quarter.
Unsurprisingly it comes with a hefty price tag.
It has since passed through the hands of famous French jeweler Frederic Boucheron and later the Baron von Derwies.
The buyer's identity has not been revealed.
Tuesday's sale marked the first time the diamond appeared at auction in 130 years.
Christie's jewel auction, which raked in sales totaling 105.4 million Swiss francs, will be followed Wednesday by a similar auction at Sotheby's.
- Le siège parisien perquisitionné — Lafarge
- Ben Roethlisberger Already Ripping 'Thursday Night Football' Ahead Of Matchup With Titans
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, prima apparizione su GeekBench con Exynos 9810
- Apple Watch Can Detect Hypertension And Sleep Apnea
- Creative Assembly Announces Total War Saga Game "Thrones Of Britannia"
- Shock as mysterious UFO 'hovers above California navy base'
- Madison Square Garden to Sell Its WNBA Franchise
- NBC News executive fired amid harassment allegations
- Lawyers seek group suit over alleged Uber sex assaults
- Imagine Florida State's Jimbo Fisher coaching Texas A&M ... Report says Aggies interested