Friends found 20-year-old Matthew Ellis unresponsive at an apartment in San Marcos on Monday afternoon. His friends called 911 at approximately 11 a.m., the day after his fraternity's initiation ceremonies on November 12, when they realized he wasn't breathing.
Matthew Ellis, a Phi Kappa Psi fraternity pledge, was at an off-campus apartment Sunday night for an event hosted by members of a Texas State fraternity, according to a university press release. It is not clear if they are members of the fraternity where Ellis was pledging. He was a member of Phi Kappa Psi. Medics responding to a 911 call pronounced him dead about an hour and a half later, San Marcos police said.
Ellis is the second Texas State student to die since the winter of 2016 after attending an off-campus Greek event.
University spokesman Matt Flores said Texas State is assisting the police department to investigate the death.
$2.63 EPS Expected for Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CM)
The stock of Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (TSE:CM) earned "Sector Perform" rating by RBC Capital Markets on Friday, May 26. PNC Financial Services Group Inc. grew its position in Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce by 0.4% during the first quarter.
The cause of Coffey's death is still undetermined, pending the autopsy, but police believe alcohol may have played a role in his death. My thoughts are with his family, friends, and the Texas State Community.
Although a Texas Department of Public Safety official said that she had not heard of an incident like Ellis' death occurring in San Marcos in the past three years, alcohol-related deaths involving fraternities are common. In her email, Trauth stated she has suspend all activities of fraternities and sororities until a review has been completed.
Trauth has asked Joanne Smith, vice president of Greek Affairs to immediately "review and propose recommendations for reinstating fraternity and sorority chapters that demonstrate a commitment to the core values of Texas State and the ideals established by their respective national organizations".
- Toronto Police looking for alleged poppy box thief
- Jason Momoa Says He's a 'Degenerate', Not a Role Model
- Eicher Motors Q2 net profit jumps 25% YoY
- Zacks Investment Research Downgrades Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The) (GS) to Hold
- " "Macky Sall recevra les " Lions " avant mardi
- 'LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2' Now Available
- Acquires 88310 Shares of Enterprise Products Partners LP (EPD)
- 49ers' Marquise Goodwin appreciates flood of support
- What Does Insider Trading Tell Us About The Kraft Heinz Company (KHC)?
- Endo International PLC (NASDAQ:ENDP) Issues FY17 Earnings Guidance