Bir Tawil's existence is the result of a border drawn up by the British in 1899. This didn't end here, he even urged people to apply for a citizenship.
Suyash Dixit planted a flag to establish the "Kingdom of Dixit" in barren Bir Tawil.
DEHRADUN: Suyash Dixit, a 24-year-old businessman from Indore, has proclaimed himself "king" of a 2,000 sq km area between Egypt and Sudan, which is the largest unclaimed habitable territory in the world.
"The route that I took is under Egyptian military (it is an global border) and is an area of terrorists so military have "shoot at sight" orders", The Telegraph quoted Dixit as saying.
Man rapes friend's infant daughter in Delhi, held
Maliwal and some other DCW members were detained and taken to the Mandir Marg police station, before being released. Police have refused to disclose the name of the 21-year-old accused who was arrested following the incident.
"But, if your Bucket List ideas are not scary enough then they are not worth trying!"
"We got on 3 conditions, no photos of military areas (which is nearly everything), you be back in the single day and you do not carry valuables". He spent two nights planning his trip into the desert and convincing a local driver to bring him to the remote location. Following the early civilisation ethics and rules, if you want to claim a land then you need to grow crops on it. He also sowed some seeds and poured water into it.
He added, "The dawn of our nation begins as a blank slate in an arid, desolate desert".
"I am the king!" This has led to several adventurers and explorers staking ownership of it, although global recognition for such claims has not been forthcoming."While in Cairo, I made a decision to travel to the place". In 2014, Jeremiah Heaton, an American citizen, travelled to Bir Tawil to make his daughter the real-life princess. It is not clear that he has pursued his claim of ownership or otherwise continued his involvement in the tract of land. However, law expert Anthony Arend previously told The Washington Post that under global law, only a state can claim sovereignty over a territory.
- Nandi Awards: Mohanlal wins best supporting actor award for Janatha Garage!
- The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Are Coming To Injustice 2
- TF1 leader grâce aux Bleus, Titanic au-dessus du million sur TMC
- Japan's growth streak starts to look shakier
- Blasts Heard in Zimbabwe Capital as Army Denies Takeover
- The Salesforce.com Inc. (CRM) Stock Rating Reaffirm by Morgan Stanley
- 'The Assassination of Gianni Versace' Trailer For Your Wednesday Viewing Pleasure
- India smartphone shipments hit record 39 mln units in Q3
- Inside Serena Williams' upcoming wedding
- Les Australiens sont pour le mariage homosexuel