While the tweets don't directly mention Star Wars Battlefront II in any way, the reference to the game is quite clear given the recent community backlash.
During the game, players have to obtain credits - either by buying them or through long hours of game play - to unlock popular characters including Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader.
"Unlocking a hero is a great accomplishment in the game, something we want players to have fun earning", said executive producer John Wasilczyk from the developer Dice, in a statement.
Star Wars Battlefront 2/Electronic ArtsA new gameplay mode is being introduced for "Star Wars Battlefront II" on the Gamescom event on August 21, featuring new multiplayer space combat.
India Advances Launch Of Euro-VI Fuels For Smog-hit Delhi
The decision to impose BS VI norms will make cars, sports utility vehicles (SUVs), trucks and buses more expensive. It says this step is expected to help mitigate the problem of air pollution in NCT of Delhi and surrounding areas.
While Electronic Arts have not fully backed down on their decision to lock key "Star Wars" figures behind in-game paywalls, a new update from the company tries to meet the community halfway.
EA has already made a number of changes to how the system works, but it remains to be seen if they will instigate any more fundamental changes - and whether this style of monetisation will be used in future games, by them and other publishers.
The cost to unlock hero characters has been reduced by 75%, meaning that the likes of Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader will now only cost 15,000 in-game credits.
"Star Wars Battlefront 2" is not lacking for media coverage less than a week before launch, although most of these have been negative over the past few days.
That's on top of new chapters in the story mode, as you join Commander Iden Versio during the days of the First Order's rise to power.
- Stan Van Gundy: Athletes Who Protest Are 'Brave and Patriotic'
- Mondial 2018: Honduras accuse l'Australie de l'espionner avec un drone
- The Salesforce.com Inc. (CRM) Stock Rating Reaffirm by Morgan Stanley
- Fisherman makes rare catch in Ocean City
- Taking a glimpse into Insider Trading at Diebold Nixdorf, Incorporated (DBD)
- Oops! Kim K accidentally confims the gender of baby number three
- Greggs unveils its first-ever Advent calendar
- New Zealand announce squad for West Indies Test series
- Lindsay Arnold Gets Emotional After Sustaining Injury on DWTS
- Japan's growth streak starts to look shakier