The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) was informed of the accident at 8:33 am (UTC + 8:00), and rushed to the site. At 8:18am, a train heading westwards in the direction of Tuas Link station stalled at Joo Koon station.
SMRT and LTA are investigating the incident.
A photograph posted on the Straits Times website showed two trains stopped and in contact, but with no major damage apparent.
The first train collision occurred August 5, 1993, when an east-bound train stopped longer than scheduled at a station due to a technical fault and was then hit by another train, according to the National Library Board's resources.
The injured passengers had already been sent to hospitals, SCDF said, adding that many of them sustained minor injuries.
Channel NewsAsia understands that 10 people were taken to Ng Teng Fong Hospital and 15 were at NUH.
Edmonton Oilers acquire sniper Mike Cammalleri from Kings
Cammalleri signed a one-year deal with Los Angeles back in July, appearing in 15 games with the team during the 2017-18 season. He was returning to his roots by joining the Kings, after spending the first five seasons of his career in Los Angeles.
Transit operator SMRT said 23 passengers and two staff suffered light to moderate injuries and have been taken to hospital.
The SMRT tweeted that there would be a delay in service due to "train fault" at Joo Koon station.
Another eight sustained minor injuries and were assessed to be under the P3 category, which includes sprains and minor head injuries. According to Mei, she and her fellow passengers fell on their backs as a result of the collision.
A platform at Joo Koon MRT station was cordoned off with police tape following the incident.
Wednesday's collision was the latest knock on Singapore's reputation for slick infrastructure after the city-state witnessed a commuter chaos earlier this year.
- Deliveroo wins right not to give riders minimum wage or holiday pay
- Woman collapses after found guilty in botched murder
- Pourquoi GE va supprimer des milliers d'emplois dans le monde — Industrie
- First four months of FY18: trade deficit widens to $12.1 billion
- Why Ben Affleck Chose To Play Batman
- Flipkart Phone Billion Capture+ to Go on Sale Wednesday, Launch Offers Detailed
- Mukul Roy meets gov, apprises him of Biswa Bangla issue
- PSG-Troyes programmé sur C8 le 29 novembre
- Amid Hints of Special Counsel, Hillary Aides Push Trump Focus
- Le message de Nicolas Sarkozy qui l'a fait craquer — Carla Bruni