The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) was informed of the accident at 8:33 am (UTC + 8:00), and rushed to the site. At 8:18am, a train heading westwards in the direction of Tuas Link station stalled at Joo Koon station.
SMRT and LTA are investigating the incident.
A photograph posted on the Straits Times website showed two trains stopped and in contact, but with no major damage apparent.
The first train collision occurred August 5, 1993, when an east-bound train stopped longer than scheduled at a station due to a technical fault and was then hit by another train, according to the National Library Board's resources.
The injured passengers had already been sent to hospitals, SCDF said, adding that many of them sustained minor injuries.
Channel NewsAsia understands that 10 people were taken to Ng Teng Fong Hospital and 15 were at NUH.
Arrested UCLA players returning from China
Arriving the day after the players were arrested , Trump reportedly raised the players' predicament during his visit to Beijing. But a few days before the game, the players were accused of stealing sunglasses from a Louis Vuitton store near their hotel.
Transit operator SMRT said 23 passengers and two staff suffered light to moderate injuries and have been taken to hospital.
The SMRT tweeted that there would be a delay in service due to "train fault" at Joo Koon station.
Another eight sustained minor injuries and were assessed to be under the P3 category, which includes sprains and minor head injuries. According to Mei, she and her fellow passengers fell on their backs as a result of the collision.
A platform at Joo Koon MRT station was cordoned off with police tape following the incident.
Wednesday's collision was the latest knock on Singapore's reputation for slick infrastructure after the city-state witnessed a commuter chaos earlier this year.
- Le message de Nicolas Sarkozy qui l'a fait craquer — Carla Bruni
- Edmonton Oilers acquire sniper Mike Cammalleri from Kings
- Festival Disney se tiendra à Tunis prochainement
- Pourquoi GE va supprimer des milliers d'emplois dans le monde — Industrie
- John Travolta accused of sexual battery of male massage therapist
- Vikings GM Wants Greg Olsen Off Fox Broadcast
- Senior Chinese diplomat to visit North Korea as envoy of Xi
- Mukul Roy meets gov, apprises him of Biswa Bangla issue
- 'Irrational Exuberance' May Rule the Roost in Stock Markets
- Papa John's apologizes for comments about National Football League player protests