Rowley denies the claims and says he will "take all steps necessary" to clear his name.
ALEX ROWLEY has stepped down from his role as interim Scottish Labour leader following allegations made in The Sun by a former partner on Tuesday, who said he had been emotionally abusive and sent her threatening text messages.
Today Rowley said in a statement to the BBC: "I totally refute these allegations and will take all steps necessary to clear my name".
Voting is under way in the contest to find a new Scottish Labour leader, with the results due to be announced on Saturday.
"These allegations must be properly and thoroughly investigated in line with our party's procedures - and I will refer myself to the party so such an investigation can take place".
At Least Three Dead, Students Wounded After Shooting At California School
There are just four teachers on staff; each teaches at least two grades, according to the school newsletter . The shooter himself has been killed by police and several victims are now being treated at a local hospital.
A Scottish Labour Party spokesperson said this morning: "Alex Rowley has stood aside as Interim and Deputy Leader of Scottish Labour and referred himself to the Party's internal complaints procedure regarding allegations made against him".
Alex Rowley stepped down as interim Scottish Labour leader after a former partner accused him of sending her abusive messages and being a "ruthless bully", local media reported Wednesday.
Mr Rowley, 53, was voted in as deputy Scottish Labour leader in August 2015.
Rowley took over leadership of the party in August this year after former leader Kezia Dugdale reigned.
The father of three grown-up children is described as representing the left-wing of the Labour Party.
- Le Puy du fou obtient une nouvelle distinction mondiale
- Star Wars: Battlefront II costs £1600 to unlock everything
- ITC to investigate patent infringement complaint against Apple
- Taking a glimpse into Insider Trading at Diebold Nixdorf, Incorporated (DBD)
- Old Mutual Wealth to rebrand as Quilter
- " Je suis enceinte ! " — Laetitia Milot
- Government backs tech sector and launches innovation drive
- HTC has presented a VR-helmet with 6 levels of freedom
- Rs 1430 crore seized by IT department from Sasikala's properties
- India Advances Launch Of Euro-VI Fuels For Smog-hit Delhi