Rowley denies the claims and says he will "take all steps necessary" to clear his name.
ALEX ROWLEY has stepped down from his role as interim Scottish Labour leader following allegations made in The Sun by a former partner on Tuesday, who said he had been emotionally abusive and sent her threatening text messages.
Today Rowley said in a statement to the BBC: "I totally refute these allegations and will take all steps necessary to clear my name".
Voting is under way in the contest to find a new Scottish Labour leader, with the results due to be announced on Saturday.
"These allegations must be properly and thoroughly investigated in line with our party's procedures - and I will refer myself to the party so such an investigation can take place".
Mondial 2018: Honduras accuse l'Australie de l'espionner avec un drone
Mais c'est un autre point qui cause une certaine friction entre les deux équipes. " La revanche s'annonce salée. malgré les dénégations de la Fédération australienne".
A Scottish Labour Party spokesperson said this morning: "Alex Rowley has stood aside as Interim and Deputy Leader of Scottish Labour and referred himself to the Party's internal complaints procedure regarding allegations made against him".
Alex Rowley stepped down as interim Scottish Labour leader after a former partner accused him of sending her abusive messages and being a "ruthless bully", local media reported Wednesday.
Mr Rowley, 53, was voted in as deputy Scottish Labour leader in August 2015.
Rowley took over leadership of the party in August this year after former leader Kezia Dugdale reigned.
The father of three grown-up children is described as representing the left-wing of the Labour Party.
- Shah Rukh Khan celebrates Children's Day on set
- Tiger Zinda Hai song: Salman, Katrina ready to make you groove
- Taking a glimpse into Insider Trading at Diebold Nixdorf, Incorporated (DBD)
- Total War Saga Thrones of Britannia annoncé sur PC Windows
- Les chapeaux pour le tirage au sort de la Coupe du monde
- At Least Three Dead, Students Wounded After Shooting At California School
- United Kingdom supreme court rules minimum alcohol pricing is legal
- Pensioner to stand trial over historic child murder
- Lindsay Arnold Gets Emotional After Sustaining Injury on DWTS
- This day in 1989, Sachin Tendulkar arrived to rule cricket