According to local news station WTVR, a statement from the superintendent said, "This content was not a part of the current and approved curriculum for this course nor was it in any way an appropriate learning tool for middle school-aged children".
An upset parent from Carter G. Woodson Middle School brought the matter to Hackney's attention through a post on social media.
The controversial "Family Quiz" was assigned on November 10 by a teacher at Carter G. Woodson Middle School in Hopewell, reports WTVR.
Another asked, "What do you call a married man's girlfriend?" It's inappropriate for a school.
While it began with simple questions, like 'What do you call the father of your father?', the quiz went on to ask students about extramarital affairs and other more adult topics.
One question asked "What do you call the much younger boyfriend of an older woman?" while another asked "What do you call the much younger and lovely wife of an older, wealthy man?"
Question: What do you call the much younger boyfriend of an older woman?
Congressman Bergman releases statement on Enbridge Line 5
Caisse DE Depot ET Placement DU Quebec increased its holdings in shares of Enbridge by 10.9% during the first quarter. The company had revenue of $9.23 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $8.54 billion.
"I was like, 'What the hell, ' said Tara Sample, parent". "No one in the school system needs to be teaching my daughter what a mistress is or a trophy wife or boy toy".
Sample posted a picture of the "quiz" onto her Facebook page, where it generated strong reaction - particularly from other parents who shared her anger. "This assignment was also not included or referenced in the teacher's weekly lesson plans that are reviewed and approved in advance of instruction".
'Upon further review, we have determined that a teacher downloaded this worksheet from the Internet.
It appears that website was created to allow English as a Second Language teachers to share worksheets around the world.
Hackney also wrote in the statement issued on Facebook that safeguards have already been put in place to prevent a similar incident from happening again, and added that she could not comment on the instructor because it would become a personnel issue. "I immediately emailed the school board".
Now the superintendent is responding saying the students' teacher found the worksheet on the internet.
- Biden Would Win Over Trump If Election Were Held Right Now
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- 'Unsane,' Soderbergh's movie shot with an iPhone, slated for release March 2018
- The Harris Associates LP invests in Sanofi (SNY) Shares
- Stone Temple Pilots Recruit Reality Show Contestant As New Singer
- Pink reveals Jon Bon Jovi broke her heart
- Tastad Sells 5300 Shares of Procter & Gamble Company (The) (PG) Stock
- Rumours Meghan Markle leaving hit TV show
- The stakes have never been higher for Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott
- Le groupe PSA et Huawei coopèrent pour la voiture connectée