Friends and colleagues are "shocked and saddened" by the death of Saskatchewan Party MLA Kevin Phillips, says Premier Brad Wall.
Melfort MLA Kevin Phillips has passed away at the age of 63.
The provincial government announced the news Tuesday morning. "Kevin was back in Regina yesterday, getting ready for another week of doing what he loved to do-representing the people of Melfort in the Assembly-so his passing was completely without warning. Our deepest condolences, thoughts and prayers go to Kevin's wife, April, and his children and grandchildren".
NDP leader Nicole Sarauer also expressed her condolences on the passing of Phillips, calling him an incredibly kind man who shared wisdom on life and politics.
Rose McGowan surrenders to Virginia police on drug charge
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Police Department obtained the arrest warrant on February 1. Rose McGowan was released from custody Tuesday after turning herself in for a drug possession charge.
Before he was elected as an MLA, Phillips was mayor of Melfort. The North East Outreach and Support Services' shelter was the first since 1989. Phillips held various important positions in the Assembly, most recently serving on the Government's House leadership team as Deputy Whip.
Phillips is survived by his wife April, four children and several grandchildren.
Wall said it is a hard day and several other MLA's on both sides of the legislature paid condolences on the passing of Phillips.
Flags at the legislature have been lowered to half-mast in honour of Phillips.
- Best Known Analyst's Ratings for: Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI)
- Jaden Smith Performed On Monday's "Late Late Show With James Corden"
- Shares now unchanged at $17.68 (BDN) Brandywine Realty Trust Prices $100.0…
- Late-Night Hosts Skewer Trump's Putin Relations, Denial of Russian Election Meddling
- Germany Draw 2-2 Against France with Late Equaliser from Lars Stindl
- These South Florida cities ranked among worst places to find love
- Vikings DE Brian Robison nominated for Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award
- Bryan Cranston Says Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey Deserve a 'Second Chance'
- Paul Ryan orders mandatory sexual harassment training for members, staff
- Tax plan in Congress will benefit wealthy