Friends and colleagues are "shocked and saddened" by the death of Saskatchewan Party MLA Kevin Phillips, says Premier Brad Wall.
Melfort MLA Kevin Phillips has passed away at the age of 63.
The provincial government announced the news Tuesday morning. "Kevin was back in Regina yesterday, getting ready for another week of doing what he loved to do-representing the people of Melfort in the Assembly-so his passing was completely without warning. Our deepest condolences, thoughts and prayers go to Kevin's wife, April, and his children and grandchildren".
NDP leader Nicole Sarauer also expressed her condolences on the passing of Phillips, calling him an incredibly kind man who shared wisdom on life and politics.
Fleetwood boosts Race to Dubai hopes as Jamieson secures Nedbank lead
Justin Rose is the closest challenger to Tommy Fleetwood this week. I think they have narrowed a lot of the fairways from past year . But I'm fine with it, I can live with it.
Before he was elected as an MLA, Phillips was mayor of Melfort. The North East Outreach and Support Services' shelter was the first since 1989. Phillips held various important positions in the Assembly, most recently serving on the Government's House leadership team as Deputy Whip.
Phillips is survived by his wife April, four children and several grandchildren.
Wall said it is a hard day and several other MLA's on both sides of the legislature paid condolences on the passing of Phillips.
Flags at the legislature have been lowered to half-mast in honour of Phillips.
- Rose McGowan surrenders to Virginia police on drug charge
- EPS for Lennar Corporation (LEN) Expected At $1.50
- Vikings DE Brian Robison nominated for Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award
- Martin O'Neill: Republic of Ireland manager to discuss future
- Défense européenne: le cheval de Troie polonais
- These South Florida cities ranked among worst places to find love
- United Nations dismisses Saudi conditions to reopen Yemen port
- Jaden Smith Performed On Monday's "Late Late Show With James Corden"
- Paul Ryan orders mandatory sexual harassment training for members, staff
- Tax plan in Congress will benefit wealthy