Friends and colleagues are "shocked and saddened" by the death of Saskatchewan Party MLA Kevin Phillips, says Premier Brad Wall.
Melfort MLA Kevin Phillips has passed away at the age of 63.
The provincial government announced the news Tuesday morning. "Kevin was back in Regina yesterday, getting ready for another week of doing what he loved to do-representing the people of Melfort in the Assembly-so his passing was completely without warning. Our deepest condolences, thoughts and prayers go to Kevin's wife, April, and his children and grandchildren".
NDP leader Nicole Sarauer also expressed her condolences on the passing of Phillips, calling him an incredibly kind man who shared wisdom on life and politics.
These South Florida cities ranked among worst places to find love
Analysts at WalletHub compared more than 180 USA cities across 32 key indicators of dating-friendliness. In a study by Wallethub , Cape Coral was rated the 166th-best city for singles out of the 182 cities.
Before he was elected as an MLA, Phillips was mayor of Melfort. The North East Outreach and Support Services' shelter was the first since 1989. Phillips held various important positions in the Assembly, most recently serving on the Government's House leadership team as Deputy Whip.
Phillips is survived by his wife April, four children and several grandchildren.
Wall said it is a hard day and several other MLA's on both sides of the legislature paid condolences on the passing of Phillips.
Flags at the legislature have been lowered to half-mast in honour of Phillips.
- Late-Night Hosts Skewer Trump's Putin Relations, Denial of Russian Election Meddling
- Bryan Cranston Says Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey Deserve a 'Second Chance'
- Martin O'Neill: Republic of Ireland manager to discuss future
- The Case for and Against The Coca-Cola Company (KO)
- Russia Has Sent $380k To Embassies "To finance election campaign of 2016"
- Raiders Place Rookie CB Gareon Conley On Injured Reserve
- Wasatch Advisors Inc Decreases Its Holdings in Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE) Stock
- EPS for Lennar Corporation (LEN) Expected At $1.50
- Vikings DE Brian Robison nominated for Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award
- England boss Eddie Jones drops George Kruis ahead of Australia Test